Chapter 24: The Farewell Match

Serena had said this because her mood had been light and she couldn't resist making a joke. She didn't expect that they would believe her. Who knew that Dawn would come up with this line, which threw Serena for a loop.

"Unanimous? What does that mean?"

Dawn said: "One of the more popular gossip posts on the university forum, pairing up the famous singles. You and Ash are recognized to be the least incompatible."

Serena was a bit taken back and sorrowfully said: "They have this kind of post, our university's people are really bored."

Nobody answered her and the topic was dropped. May and Dawn moved onto a new topic. Serena pulled Dawn back: "Why are we incompatible?"

Dawn thought that Serena today was a bit strange, focusing so much on this question. She didn't think any deeper and straightforwardly said: "It was the posters, appearance, profession. Uh, let me remember what they said. It was pretty good."

She reminisced: "It was something like, one is as elegant and clear as an ink painting, one is as colourful and vibrant as an oil painting. One is a supernatural not of the mortal world, the other is a vibrant mortal flower ...... Whoa, your expression!"

Dawn, who had getting more enthusiastic, became irritated.

Serena said expressionlessly: "My goosebumps came up. Also, I am not oily."

Dawn; "...... Your jokes aren't funny."

Serena was still unhappy thinking about it; "How is our professions not compatible? We both do Computer Science. The deadly IT duo......"

Dawn snorted at her; "Can you think of an even worse title? In the same profession, there can't be any feelings of admiration. Also, computers are only one of Ash's many talents."

Serena had nothing left to say and sank into a depression. She suddenly thought of an important question, "Then who did they say is most compatible with Ash?"

"Nobody. Everybody couldn't agree."

Very good! Serena was satisfied.

The air in the stadium suddenly started to boil. Serena looked to the center. As expected, it was Ash coming out clad in white.

He already was handsome. Changing into his jersey made him seem more upright and alive. Receiving a basketball pass from a teammate, he calmly dribbled two times, and sped up suddenly as his teammate tried to block him. Everybody assumed he was trying to break through. Suddenly stopping, he didn't aim and threw. The ball drew out a beautiful curve in the air, the space around it stopping. Serena looked at his flowing black hair and stopped breathing.

Swoosh!

The ball accurately fell through the hoop.

Three point throw.

The bleachers erupted in cheers after a few seconds. On the court, Ash didn't react one bit to the praise and focus on talking with his teammates. He started basic warm up exercises. At the moment, all his focus was on the court and blocked out everything else.

Dawn sighed in admiration: "This is a real idol."

Chloe: "They say that Ash's swimming is much better than his basketball. I wonder what his races would look like."

Serena followed her train of thought. Swimming races, Master wearing a swimsuit ......

Her face flushed with red.

Chloe looked at her face and asked: "Serena, are you too hot?"

Serena lectured her righteously: "You are too perverted!"