Prologue

At this very moment, you could only wished that this was just a dream, a nightmare that you struggled waking up from.

"I'm sorry," your father apologized, his hand was on the transparent division between you and him, wishing that even for just a second he could touch you.

"Don't worry about me, Dad," You told him, your gaze fell at your trembling feet, you were thankful that he couldn't see them.

"You don't need to worry about me," You assured him, and your dad fell in silence for a second, before breaking it again.

"That's why I'm sorry Y/N," Raising your gaze at him in confusion, he stared at you, "I'm sorry I can't allow you to live on your own," His eyes almost disappeared as he smiled at you, you frowned at what he said.

"That's why I asked a great friend of mine," He began and you slowly started to get where the conversation was going, "Kokonoi," You had cut him off even before he could finish his explanation.

"Kokonoi?" You asked for confirmation, wishing that you might had heard it wrong, but your father remained silent.

"You want me to live with that old filthy rich man?" You couldn't believe what your father wanted for you. "Dad, I'm turning 18 soon! I can take care of myself," He only shook his head in disagreement.

Of course, he would never let you - his only daughter, to live alone, or worse without shelter and enough financial support.

"He'll give you a shelter, and he'll take care of you Y/N," His voice was exhausted, "And, Koko is only twenty-eight years old, he's a nice guy," You rolled your eyes in disbelief.

"I don't want you to live on your own..." It was a plea, a plea of your father who just got in prison because apparently he had been a part of a big syndicate, all this time, you were living like a royalty while your Father was getting his hands all dirty.

As you strolled your way on the wide pathway that led the way to the main road, you were thinking about of whether you would obey your Father, or to just go with what you wanted, like what you would normally do, but that was the case now - everything wouldn't be normal as before.

Your fairytale life had basically crumbled, and unlike yesterday, today you could no longer just do whatever you wanted to.

"What's with the long face?" It was Kokonoi Hajime - leaning on a luxurious car like he was some hot shit, well you knew he was.

Your father got a big trust for him, he would tell you stories about how great a person Kokonoi Hajime was, and you were getting enough hearing about it from your Father who was rarely at home, and now he just lost his rarest chances of going home, eating dinner with you as he talked about things - Kokonoi Hajime, in particular.

He held out his cigarette for a second, puffed the smoke through his mouth and nose.

You grimaced at the sight, sealing your lips not wanting to engage in any conversation with him. This was the guy your father wanted you to lived with. Remembering your conversation with him made you want to just run away and screw everything up.

"No, there is no way I would live with him," That's what you had thought, as you surveyed him.

Koko looked decent and expensive as ever, his lean build and tall stature was intimidating and towering you. He got his black hair - styled in deathhawk, and flowing wildly on the right side of his face, the left side of his hair was buzzed short and got four shaved lines, making him appeared more edgy. He was wearing a long golden earring in his left ear.

You turned your heels to walk away, "I'm talking to you," But he immediately grabbed your wrist, as if he knew that you were planning to run away.

Shrugging his grip off, you raised a brow at him, "There's nothing to talk about," Kokonoi fierce eyes narrowed at you, as the smoke that he just puffed out was getting on his face.