Chapter Eighteen

This is exactly set on the same timeline as the chapter fifteen, if you can still remember the last scene from it—which I doubt, since I hardly update this fanfic.

The last scene on the present timeline was when Izana was revealed as yn's fiancé, and the first time the blonde female was named—Mao.

Chapter Sixteen and Seventeen were set on different timeline since those were flashbacks, and from here on out will be the continuation of the present timeline.

So meaning, no more flashbacks. We're back to where we left on chapter fifteen.

▪▪▪

"I asked you a fucking question."

Mao gasped from how Kisaki slammed her body against the wall, a hand was wrapped around her neck, the man was glaring at her and she knew better than to shut up.

"Is she fucking with someone else from Bonten?"

And so, she looked heavenward before sending a whimsical smile towards Kisaki, and then to Hanma who was simply standing behind the latter—watching and listening to the heated confrontation.

"I was kidding!" Mao started, "She's fucking someone else from kantou manji gang, I'm not repeating myself here."

Kisaki with a sigh frowned at her response, he might have heard her wrong earlier, and hanma was thinking the same.

They were probably too surprised at how Mao suddenly disclosed the information about Izana's fiancée—which the two man still find confusing.

"And why the fuck are you telling us about this now?" Hanma chimed in, glancing over to his shoulder to check the number of photos at the end of Izana's bed, he refocused his attention at Mao.

"Last Monday you just suddenly told us that you've finally found some lead, about the man who had helped Izana to escape and then it was Tuesday.... " trailed Hanma threading a hand over his hair, narrowing his eyes behind the eyes he raised a brow at Mao.

"It was just fucking Tuesday when you told us that you got some leads about this woman... being Izana's fiancé and that old man's only child?"

A brief chuckle slipped from his mouth, finding the situation too suspicious.

"And today is just Saturday... And are you even aware what time is it already? It's around twenty minutes before midnight,  and you came here with these photos... telling and confirming to us that she is indeed the woman you were talking about?" He added casting a glance over his wristwatch.

"Do you really expect for us to believe that you just have found out about these things in less than a week?" Pressing her harder against the wall, Kisaki growled at her, not buying any of Mao's excuses.

On the other hand, Mao knew they would find it sketchy, but she was goddamn prepared for this, but now she started to realized that she could've just kept her mouth shut.

She should've just went on pretending that she knew nothing, that she didn't know about any of Izana's plan, she could've just remained still until the man she loved woke up, and the old man behind bars completely getting executed.