Chapter 35

Sarah's POV

My eyes fluttered open. Everything was blurry and my head was throbbing. I attempted to move my arms, but then I realized they were tied back.

"Shit!" I mumbled, leaning forward. I was on a chair and I was stuck. They didn't cover my mouth, but I didn't need it to escape anyways. My eyes desperately searched around for Glenn. A flimsy curtain separated the room. It was brown and covered in filth.

"Glenn," I whispered. I didn't get a response,"Glenn!" I yelled.

"Sarah, you're awake." Glenn's voice sounded pained.

"What's happening?" I asked. My head was throbbing and a small groan escaped my lips. Everything ached, my body feeling as if someone was putting pressure all over me.

"Daniel," Glenn managed to get out before the sound of a door opening took his attention off of me,"No! Leave her alone. She's already injured!" The curtain opened and I saw Daniel.

"Well, nice to see you're awake." A dark cloth was in his hand and I tensed. I glanced behind him and got a look at Glenn. I gasped, bruises all over his face and blood covering him. But, he still managed to smile at me.

"Let's just get this over with." Daniel approached me and put the cloth over my face. I felt dreary again, and slowly drifted back into darkness with the sound of Glenn screaming at him to leave me alone. The last thing I heard was him laugh.

----

"I'm not going to let you into the prison!" Glenn screamed. My body jerked forward at the sound of his voice.

"Leave him alone!" I screamed. I could hear the sound of Daniel's fist against Glenn. I closed my eyes tightly and let a tear fall down my face.

"God dammit! Just fucking stop already!" I cried out. The sound of a chair falling over made my heart race faster. The curtain was forcefully ripped open and I saw Daniel. Leaning over slightly, I saw Glenn beaten and on the ground.

"You can watch. Unless you want to tell me how to get in the prison." Glenn shook his head at me. Daniel noticed, delivering another blew to his face. I jerked forward which sent a burning pain through my wrists. The rope as rubbing and they were sticky with blood.

"You're such a coward!" I screamed at him. He stopped and turned to look at me,"You're too scared to actually take the prison. You're scared of Rick, Glenn, me, even Daryl!" I spit at him. The thought of Daryl creeped into my mind and I shuddered.

"You little bitch." Daniel turned to me and swung, slapping me hard against the cheek. My head jerked to the left and I spit the blood that was in my mouth from my teeth slicing my gums.

"How can I get in? Who would let me in?"

"None of us," I reply, my voice pained,"No one in there would let you in there."

"She's right." Glenn whispered from his position. Daniel looked between the two of us and shook his head. He knew that neither of us were going to speak.

He turned and opened the door. I assumed he was going to leave, but I was shocked when I saw two men come in. They walked over to Glenn and picked him up, dragging the chair with him.

"Take him to the other room and let it loose." Daniel instructed them as he exited the room.

"No!" I started screaming. I couldn't do anything, I was useless.

"Sarah, I'll be okay! I pro-"

Then, the door closed behind him.

It was quiet. I sniffled, closing my eyes and letting the tears fall. My wrists began to burn from the constant movement from earlier. It wasn't as deep as the pain I felt inside; gnawing at me and tearing me apart limb from limb. Knowing that I could've tried to do something, tried to help him, kills me.

My mind wanders to Daryl. The promise I made him before I left, the one I broke. I wonder if they even knew we were here, or if they were waiting for him and me to come back. Maggie. I leaned my head back and exhaled deeply.

The door swung open again, revealing one of Daniel's members, the one I had seen earlier. I watched intently as he pulled a knife out of his pocket and began to cut the rope. My breathing increased. When he was done, I stood up. My body was weak from lack of food and water, my head beginning to throb.
I fell over, the man hauling me to my feet and dragging me out of the room.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, my voice raw and sore from the screaming. I focused on the wall that was moving away from me. It was streaked with blood.

"Somewhere where it's just you and me, princess." A chill creeped up my spine. I shuddered, goosebumps covering my body. Another door was opened, one with an examination table. He dragged me over to it, forcing me to sit up and stare at him. He closed the door, a smirk on his face.

"Take your shirt off."