Chapter 7

Daryl's POV

It had been three days and she still hadn't woken up.

I had spent most of my time in that tiny room, pulling her hair back or holding her hand so she knew she wasn't alone. I could tell she was being strong from the moment I found her, yet her life wasn't as simple as it seemed. I knew something happened that tore her apart.

Everyone I came into contact with I pushed away, not wanting any communication to be given. The baby's name was Judith, I guess Carl picked it out. I was too busy nursing a girl.

I finished watch late at night, climbing down the tower with my crossbow firmly attached to my shoulder. I entered as quietly as I could, stepping into Sarah's cell.

She looked dead.

She was a sickly pale, her mouth agape and her eyes closed. Sarah actually looked at peace, her long eyelashes fanning out over her cheeks. Hershel told me she wasn't waking up because she lost so much blood, I didn't know how long I could deal with her being out. I felt like I could've done more, I could've stayed with her and made sure she was alright. Instead, I went by myself and this happened.

I sat across from her, warily rubbing my hands over my face in an attempt to relieve some of the stress. I hadn't slept in two days, a mixture of stress and anxiety was practically consuming me.

Sarah moved, causing me to shoot my head up. I stood up slowly, peering down at her. She mumbled something quietly, and I instantly began to panic because maybe she turned. Maybe she was dead. But, her eyes opened and I was met with green eyes peering up at me.

Sarah smiled slightly when she saw me, her eyes dull and tired looking. I quickly grabbed her some water, helping her sit up and handing it to her.

She guzzled it down in the matter of seconds. A loud cough escaped her lips before she finally mustered whatever strength she had to speak.

"How long have I been out?" I couldn't describe how happy I was to hear her voice again. She wasn't screaming at me telling me she was going to die, she wasn't sobbing because her leg was on fire, and she wasn't mumbling incoherent things.

"Three days. You lost too much blood." She nodded, her hands rubbing her temples. Even in the dim light she still looked beautiful.

"I'm tired. Is that bad?" I grin slightly at her, shaking my head.

"You need more rest to heal."

"Is it late?" She asks, peering around only to be met by the moonlight peeking through the windows.

"Yeah. Here, go to sleep. I'll come tomorrow." Sarah looks frazzled as I begin to leave. As I begin to walk out, fingers lightly grip my wrist.

"Don't leave me." I glare down at the site of here, eyes mellow and pale skin. I grunt, gesturing for her to scoot over. She complies making room for both of us. Despite everything my mind tells me to do, I find myself climbing in the tiny bed next to her.

It was quiet. I didn't know if she fells asleep but I felt the tiredness of being up for so long kick in. As I dozed off, i felt her head rest against my chest. I froze. I knew she needed someone, so I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer.

For some reason, it felt right.

+

She needed some fresh air. After she had been awake for awhile, she was practically itching to climb out of the bed and walk around. She wanted to help, I knew she did but for some reason the idea of letting her get up and possibly injure herself again made me cringe. I wasn't going to let her get hurt again.

"Daryl.." I turned in the kitchen to meet the eyes of Hershel.

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me with Sarah? I think it's time we get her walking, but she can't support herself and neither can I." I nodded quickly, following him down the hallway.

We entered the room and she sat on the bed, her feet dangling over slightly. Thankfully Maggie had another pair of jeans, I could barely handle the site of blood soaking the fabric.

"Alright, Sarah. Daryl's going to support you and you're going to try and put as much weight as you can on your leg." Sarah nods. She grabs my shoulder, pulling herself up. I wrap my arm around her waist, my fingers clutching her t-shirt tightly. When her foot hits the ground, she sucks in a sharp breath. Yet, she manages to begin to walk on it slightly.

"Good! Now how about you two get some fresh air. The rest of the group wants to see you." With that, he crutches away from us.

"Steady now." I whisper in her ear as she tries to walk faster. Sarah huffs, slowing her pace down. She doesn't wince as much the further we go.

When we make it outside, she covers her eyes from the blinding rays shining down on us.

"I obviously haven't been outside in awhile.." She claims, rubbing her eyes. Her arm still wraps around my shoulder, her fingers weakly fisting my shirt.

Maggie is the first to notice us. She smiles as she walks up to us, wrapping her arms around Sarah. I lose my grip on her waist, and I instantly panic not knowing if she'll be able to support yourself.

"I'm so glad to see you. You scared the shit out of us." Sarah laughs weakly. When Maggie finally pulls away, my arm is secured around her again.

Slowly everyone smiles and says hi. Rick comes up to us. He looks wary still, dark circles under his eyes.

"Sarah.." Is all he says before he engulfs her in a hug.

"I'm sorry.." She whispers. He nods.

"Good to see you again." She laughs lightly, and so does he.

"I'll leave you two." He nods towards me before walking off to meet up with Hershel.

"You doing alright?" Sarah shrugs. She walks slowly still but yet it seems the pain is diminishing with every step she takes.

"Yeah."

She stops, causing me to panic.

"Daryl?"

"Yeah?" I whisper.

"It wasn't your fault, you know."

+

hi

im crying bc Marley and me okay.

This sucks I hate that movie but its so cute and fuck me

Love ,

Emily lol