Chapter 15

Maggie entered my cell with her gun firmly attached to her hip,"Wanna go on a run?"

"Yeah." I grab Jared's bag and pull it over my shoulders to hold supplies. Also, if I get separated from the group I have my own supplies. As we walk out I find myself dying to know the answer to a question.

"Who's coming?"

"You, obviously. Then me, Daryl, and Glenn." I grit my teeth at the sound of his name and Maggie notices.

"What's wrong with you and Daryl?"

"He's an asshole. That's what." I hiss through my teeth as I pull my gun up quickly in one swift motion.

"What happened?" She questions sympatheticaltly. I explain the situation quietly to her as we pack up the car we would all be riding in.

"He has a hard time expressing his feelings." I snort as I cross my arms firmly over my chest.

"I wish I could believe you." Before she can reply the boys walk up to us. Daryl keeps his head down and Glenn brings his hands together.

"Alright who wants to drive?" When no one says anything I slowly raise my hand up. Glenn tosses me the keys and I swirl them around with my finger.

"Let's go."

I climb in the front with Maggie following in shotgun. They sit in the back. I don't think Daryl knew I was coming because he keeps chewing on his nails almost as if he's nervous. I shove the key in the ignition and signal Carol and Tyreese to open the gates. I speed down the gravel road and Maggie tells me where to go.

"What is the store called?" I ask as I keep eyes on the road searching for walkers that may pop out.

"It's called.. Sullivan's. It's a longer drive but I hope it's not too picked over." I nod as she hands me the map. I examine the red ink that marks our trail and sure enough there is a Sullivan's there.

"Hopefully not many people have picked it over. We don't want to waste gas." Glenn claims. I glance in the mirror to look at him but I only meet the blue eyes of Daryl. I shake my head and focus on the road again. My fingers lightly tap against the wheel in an attempt to pass boredom.

"What did you do before this?" Maggie questions.

"Me?" She nods,"Well I played volleyball and did cross country." Glenn chuckles and I glance back at him with my eyebrows raised.

"That explains a lot." I gesture for him to carry on,"you can run like there's no tomorrow and you're strong."

"Thanks, Glenn. I guess that did help." It was silent the rest of the ride as we finally approached Sullivan's. I stepped out and shoved the keys into my pocket.

"Alright, we need to split up, I'll go with Sarah-" Maggie was interrupted by Daryl.

"She's with me. You two can be together." I turn to face him with a frown.

"I can go with Maggie." I hiss at him as I stand closer to her. He looks angry but tries to keep himself calm.

"Suit yourself." Daryl mutters. We approach the door and instead of knocking and waiting, we go in. Maggie and I go to the right and Daryl and Glenn go left.

"He's still protective over you." Maggie whispers as we rummage through the aisles. I pick up a can of beans and put it into my bag.

"I'm aware." I mutter as we walk through the shelves together. A loud bang echoes near us and I raise my gun high in the air. My breathing accelerates and so does Maggie's. A growl emits from the other aisle and out stumbles a walker.