CHAPTER TWO, new year's eve party

It was finally time for the New Year's Eve party at Ashlyn's

It was finally time for the New Year's Eve party at Ashlyn's. When Oliver had got there Ashlyn had opened the door for him. "Ollie," Ashlyn smiles widely. "You made it!" 

Oliver smiles brightly. "Yeah, of course. I wouldn't miss it."

Ashlyn opens the door the rest of the way, letting him inside. "Oh, by the way," She grins at him while closing the door behind him. "The song that you wrote for Gina was super cute."

Oliver furrows his eyebrows, looking at her with confusion as he ignores the light blush appearing on his face. "How-How did you know about that?" 

Ashlyn shrugs. "I overheard you guys and wanted to find out what was going on."

"Oh," Oliver smiles shyly. "Well, uh, thanks I guess." 

Kourtney went over to them, handing him a piece of paper, and told him to write down his resolution on it for a game they all will be playing later. Oliver moved into the living room where everyone was gathered, finding himself conversing with Steph, Rico, and Kaden about what the next musical could be. Everyone thought that it could possibly be 'High School Musical 2'. It only made sense that they did the second movie.

A few minutes later EJ arrived. Oliver raised his eyebrows when EJ said he was growing a beard since he wasn't for sure what musical they were doing. "Wait," Gina speaks up, chuckling a bit as she looks at EJ. "Have you seriously not heard what musical we're doing?"

"No." EJ shakes his head. "Was it announced?"

Carlos quickly stands up, outstretching his arms while shouting, "Nobody say anything!"

EJ looks at each of them with confusion. "Okay..."

Everyone continued to converse with each other as they waited for the rest of the drama club members that haven't shown up yet. The door opens a few moments later, revealing Ricky and Nini. "I'm not gonna stop, that's who I am." Ricky was singing the song 'Bet On It' from the movie 'High School Musical 2'.

Ricky dances into the living room and Oliver laughed along with some of the others. "I'll give it all I got, that is my plan. When I find what I lost, you know you can bet on it, bet on it, you can bet on me." Everyone cheered for him after he was done. 

"Okay, okay, okay!" Carlos calms everyone's down. "Does anybody not know we're doing 'High School Musical Two'?"

EJ's eyes widen. "We are?" It was clear to tell that he was both excited and shocked. He grins. "Whoo-hoo!" Carlos groaned, sitting back down on the couch.

Soon it was time for the game. "Okay, rules of the game." Kourtney speaks up, stopping any conversations. "This is important. We need to set intentions and be accountable for one another this year."

Everyone either nodded in agreement or chimed in with words of agreement. Natalie, however, comments, "This is a terrible party."

"Hey," Kourtney points at her, playfully glaring at her. "Watch yourself. Okay." She laughs, pulling out a small piece of paper from the bowl she held. "Alright, resolution number one. Anyone's guess. 'I resolve to...'" She chuckles. "This is so stupid. I can't."