CHAPTER THREE, beauty and the beast auditions

Oliver sat at the cafeteria at a table with the rest of the drama club members, sitting beside Gina

Oliver sat at the cafeteria at a table with the rest of the drama club members, sitting beside Gina. Carlos suddenly stood up, getting the attention of the drama club members. "I have a brief announcement. After spending the last couple of weeks Google-stalking the Menkie Awards, I've discovered that there is no category for Best Choreography. And since the Menkies is step one to me becoming the first ever winner of a MEGOT..."

Big Red leans over to Ashlyn, whispering, "'MEGOT'?"

"Menkie, Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony." Ashlyn informed him and he nodded.

"I've decided that I will be auditioning to be on stage this year." Carlos continued. The drama club members cheered for him.

Ashlyn raised up Big Red's hand iwth a smile on her face. "Big Red's trying out too!"

Oliver looks at Big Red with surprise. "Really, dude?"

Big Red fakes a smiles. "Apparently I am."

"Big ups, Big Red." Gina smiles at the red-haired boy. "You gonna teach me some of those allegedly great tap moves?"

Big Red chuckles weakly. "I'm so scared."

"Oh, just remember, you cannot play Chip, the teacup, since it's obviously be weird for you to be my son." Ashlyn said to him. When everyone stared at her, she says, "I mean, I'm probably getting Mrs. Potts. Not that we don't all have an equal shot."

"So, Ollie, what role are you trying out for?" Gina asked, looking at the boy beside her with a smile.

Oliver shrugs. "I honestly don't have a specific role I'm trying out for. I'll probably just get a minor role or an extra again."

"I bet you won't." Gina shakes her head, her smile never leaving her face. "You are seriously so talented."

Oliver smiles, happy that at least one person thought that. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." 

Oliver looks over to his right whenever he heard EJ say that and saw EJ was looking at him and Ricky. Oliver also noticed the senior boy wore a Duke ballcap. Oliver shares a confused look with Ricky as EJ sat down between the two boys. "What?" Oliver asked EJ, looking at him with confusion.

"Uh, I've decided to take myself out of the running for the beast." EJ replies. Everyone looks at him with a bit of surprise. "I'm just...I've got a lot on my plate." He gets his phone out of his pocket. "Which reminds me, I should probably pick a meal plan for Duke."

Oliver smiles a bit. "Dude, did you officially get in?"

"Back up." Ricky looks at EJ with furrowed eyebrows. "You're not doing the musical either?"

"No," EJ shakes his head. "I've only got the bandwidth for a supporting role."

"Wait," Oliver looks at Ricky with confusion. "Ricky, you're not trying out for the musical?"