CHAPTER NINE, improv

(okay, just pretend that gina is hugging oliver in this gif)

The drama club members were gathered around Ricky, watching the video North High just posted on Instagram of how they were now doing 'Beauty and the Beast' instead of 'The Little Mermaid'. It got on Oliver's nerves how North High just changed their play at the last minute because they were threatened. He hated that the costumes actually looked really cool.

"Oh my gosh, that's what's-her-name." Seb points out. "Lily, from our auditions. She isn't just co-directing in their show, she's starring in it."

Oliver shakes his head, crossing his arms. "I knew she was bad news."

"You mean perfect-pitch, looks-like-an-actual-Disney-princess, super-fangirl/mean-girl Lily?" Ashlyn questioned, turning to face the group she stood in front of. She was pacing in front of them while they were watching the video. It was clear that she was nervous about being Belle. 

"I'll say yes." EJ responded.

Ashlyn puts her hands on her hips, nodding her head. "I remember her vaguely."

"Ash, just calm down, alright?" Oliver sent her a reassuring smile. "You're gonna kill it as Belle. Lily is obviously threatened by your talent." Ashlyn smiled back at him, his comment helping some of her nerves melt away.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly on a Saturday." Miss Jenn speaks, walking inside the bomb shelter with Carlos. Oliver furrows his eyebrows upon seeing the stuff that she and Carlos carried as he took a seat on the risers along with everyone else. "Or most of you all."

Miss Jenn and Carlos laid the stuff they had on the long table and Miss Jenn turns to face everyone. "We're missing a teapot and a village idiot."

"Uh," Ricky speaks up. "I think Kourtney and Big Red are at the pizza shop."

Seb nods. "Yeah, Kourtney texted in the group. They said that they couldn't get anyone to cover their shifts." From his place behind him, EJ hit Seb's shoulder since Seb wasn't supposed to tell Miss Jenn how the drama club members had a different group chat without her in it. Everyone looked at Seb with wide eyes. A cringed expression forms on Seb's face. "Oh."

"Oh..." Miss Jenn furrows her eyebrows, getting her phone out of her pocket. "I didn't see that text."

"I meant the group chat with me and EJ." Seb quickly said. EJ pursed his lips and nodded, holding up an 'okay' symbol while Seb gave two thumbs up to everyone. 

"Well, back to the matter at hand." Miss Jenn puts her phone back in her pocket. "I can tell from your solemn faces that you've all seen..." She takes a dramatic pause before she speaks again. "The video."

"It's incredible." Carlos sighs. "Even I have no notes. I can't believe they stole our show."

"I think they're Lumiere is an actual French exchange student." Ricky voiced.