23

As expected, once we asked Papa if we could stay at Ron's, he immediately agreed. We arrived not much later that same day at a lovely little home a very short distance from our own. When we knocked, we were greeted by a beaming woman, who introduced herself as Ron's mum. She welcomed us inside with open arms, forcing cups of tea and biscuits upon us. We also met Mr. Weasley, who introduced himself as Ron's father. He was offering to show us his collection of safety pins when Ron came downstairs.

"Dad! They don't want to see your pin collection!" He turned to us, "Hi there, erm, welcome to my house,"

"It's wonderful, Ron," I grinned.

"Really truly lovely," added Luna. Mrs. Weasley smiled proudly.

"Well, Ronald, why don't you give your guests a tour?"

"Oh, right. Come this way," Ron gestured towards the stairs right as Harry stumbled down them, straightening his glasses on his nose.

"Oh hello Luna, hi Y/n,"

"Hi Harry," we replied.

"You'll be staying in Bill and Charlie's old room," Ron told us as we trekked up the stairs. We passed a door that was slightly ajar and inside I saw a girl sitting on a bed.

"Ron, you didn't tell us you had a sister,"

"Really? Huh. Yeah, that's Ginny,"

At the sound of our voices and the mention of her name, Ginny looked up.

"Hello," Luna said, waving in at Ginny

"Hello," Ginny replied, looking at us curiously. "Are you two Y/n and Luna Lovegood?

"Yes!" Luna grinned. "Are you starting at Hogwarts this year?"

"Yeah, she is," Ron interrupted. "Come see the rest of the house," he tugged at my arm.

"Oh, well, we'll talk to you later, Ginny?"

"Alright," Ginny smiled as Luna and I were ushered away up a second flight of stairs. After the tour, we spent the remainder of the day lounging around the house. Mr. Weasley did persuade us to look at pincushions he had been saving, and he was elated when Luna showed a genuine interest in them.