He gets a girlfriend

I didn't want the title to be like two miles long, so, you're in love with Calum, and just when you get the courage to tell him how you feel, he tells you he has a girlfriend. And his girlfriend just so happens to be the bitch you hate most. Yeah. Enjoy c:

Calum Hood. Your best friend, your cuddle buddy, your soccer partner. Calum Hood. The only person who chose to be your friend when you moved to Australia two years ago. Calum Hood. The boy you're hopelessly in love with. Only one other person knew of this, and that was Luke, his band mate. He was practically your older brother. And he's the one who convinced you to tell Calum how you really feel.

Since it's been two years since you moved, obviously you've made friends since then. But at the time, Calum was the only one nice enough to get to know you.

You pace in your room, thinking about what you're going to say. You invited him over for a movie night, and also telling him you had to talk to him. And him being your best friend, said he'd be over soon. So here you are now. Still pacing, mumbling to yourself about what he's gunna say and what his reaction might be. You jump in shock as you hear a knock on your doorframe.

"Oh my god, Calum!" You sigh as you clutch onto your chest. He chuckles as he walks into your room, and sits on the bed, looking around the room as if something's changed. His phone rings, and as he picks it up, you start to re-think this whole thing.

What if he doesn't feel the same way? What if it ruins your friendship? What if he laughs in your face? Well, it's too late now. You already made the poor kid come to your house.

"Hey, I gotta go." He sighs, snapping you out of your gaze. "W-What? Why?" You ask, wondering if he already knew. "My girlfriend just called, and said she wanted to go out tonight." He says as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Girlfriend?" You ask, glad you didn't tell him yet. And it looks like you won't be for a while. As soon as.. the g word.. fell out of his mouth, your stomach flipped. That word slapped you across the face, and ripped your hopes of you and Calum ever being together.

"Y-Yeah, Sadie. She asked me out last week, so.." He says as he plays with his hands, dragging out the last word.

"Sadie.. Carson?" You ask in disbelief, hoping he doesn't say yes. Sadie absolutely dispised you. You didn't even do anything to her! You were in separate groups of friends, so you never even really looked at her. But one of the first days you moved here, you sat in her seat at lunch. She threw a huge hissy fit until a teacher had to come check on what all the noise was.

You got to sit there, and she hated you ever since. It's a goddamn chair for fucksake! You never understood why she would freak out over something this stupid, but whatever.

"Yeah.. her." He said, still looking at his hands. You nodded while looking at the floor. You slowly get up, and so does Calum.

"Bye, Y/N." he says as he wraps his arms around your shoulders, you clutching on to him a little tighter now that this might be the last real hug you'll be getting for a while.

"Bye, Cal." You sigh. You eventually let go and look at him as he starts to walk out of your room. You begin to shut the door as he suddenly stops and turns around, a confused look on his face.