Chapter 4: Impatience Leads to Failure

"Why?? Come on

"Why?? Come on...no one even knows your name!!" he whined, you laughed a bit at the sudden side he was showing you.

"Siyeon does." you pointed towards Siyeon, whom was trying not to sleep through the whole investigation.

You sighed.

"She's drunk..." you muttered, rubbing your temples as she kept denying it.

"Am not!!"

"Sure Siyeon, sure."

You directed your attention at Felix, whom seemed a bit upset at the sudden suspicion you stated.

"I'm Y/N, L/N Y/N, and she's Lee Siyeon."

"Alright then L/N Y/N, I'm not even suspicious, how could you possibily suspect ME?!" he pouted, while in return, you just decided to flick his forehead, maybe then he'd start to whine less.

What the hell, you just met this guy and you were already starting to mess around with him, I guess it's the stress and fear that's made you like this.

You looked at him, a sly smile forming on your face.

"I was joking."

He playfully hit you.

"Can you two...like, not right now?" Yoohyeon criticized, you had to agree, what you two were doing was quit inappropriate, especially since you two were most likely going to die in a couple of minutes.

Yet again...enjoy your last few minutes as you can, right?

Turning bright red, you completely ignored the embarrassment she had just place on you and decided to just continue on with the conversation.

"Right...so, Felix! Tell me, why did you come here?"

"As soon as I saw the letter...I knew that it was bad news, but..." he stopped, making sure everyone was listening and paying attention to every single detail.

You raised an eyebrow, fo this was seeming a bit more like your story.

"I wanted to prove myself, that I am good at solving things, that I do deserve it."

"Yourself? Deserve what?" you chuckled, still raising said eyebrow, still slightly suspicious of the guy, even though a minute ago you and him were absolutely having the time of your lives together.

How a minute can change everything around you.

He chuckled.

"I wanted to prove to my father, that I do deserve that job that he's giving me, that I'm not going to slack off and earn money that I never truly earned my way to get it."

"Oh."

It was completely different from you, you just went to this place because you were that stupid, while he wanted to prove himself.