Chapter 4

It is dawn in a city not far from the west coast of one of the most important continents of Xonia.

* Yawns * "What time is it" Tracker said sleepily.

Tracker looked at his wall clock hanging on the side of his kennel and realized it was 5am.

"Oh great, it's 5 in the morning..." Tracker said. 

Tracker got used to waking up very early to get to the Natural Park on time.

"I love the sunrise, especially its colors"

"Let's wash our face first" Tracker said.

Tracker went looking for a caretaker.

"Hi, could you wash my face?" asked Tracker.

"Oh sure, come here" the caretaker replied.

Once the caretaker cleaned Tracker's face, he went to breakfast.

"Good morning Tracker, how did you sleep? I hope well" said the caretaker Grace.

"I slept well Grace" Tracker replied.

"I'm glad you slept well, your breakfast is in the bowl along with a bowl of water" her explain to Tracker.

Without saying anything, Tracker walks over to the bowl and starts eating the first meal of the day.

"I hope you enjoyed your meal" Grace said.

"Yes Grace, I enjoyed breakfast, thank you" Tracker replied."

Now go to the park or you'll be late for work" Grace said.

"I Run, goodbye keeper Grace" Tracker said.

"See you tonight Tracker!" the caretaker Grace replied.

Traker headed for the Natural Park. Over time he had discovered shortcuts to save time. Once he arrived Tracker headed for the park entrance.

"Hi" Tracker said.

"Hi Tracker, enter" A man at the ticket office answered.

"Thank you"

Once inside Tracker he headed for the Ranger building.

"Hi Tracker" one dog said.

"Hi Shirley" Tracker said.

Shirley: Shirley is a black and white Border Collie, she is a park ranger and friend of Tracker.

"Today you will be patrolling the west sector along with other ranger dogs" Shirley said.

"I'll patrol the south sector" Shirley said seriously.

"This also applies to you others"

All ranger dogs: Yes sir!

"See you later Tracker" Shirley said.

"Bye Shirley" Said Tracker.

Tracker took his Jeep and headed for his sector.

Arriving in the late afternoon, news arrived that made everyone happy.

Radio: Att all units tell the tourists that the park is about to close, take them to the exit and you can go home, the park closes earlier today.

One man: Hurray today I come home earlier!

After letting all the tourists out of the Nature Park, Tracker took off his ranger gear and went out.

"Tracker wait" a voice said.

"Hi Shirley what do you want from me?" Tracker asked.

"I just wanted to say hello and thank you for your great work" Shirley said.

"Oh thank you, goodbye Shirley" Tracker said happily.

"Good bye Tracker" Shirley replied.

With the sun still in the sky Tracker was quieter, the city didn't look as scary as at night, and Tracker walked smoothly observing the life of the city.

Passing in front of the old Tracker dump he heard noises he had never heard, sometimes he happened to hear birds digging for food among garbage or people leaving objects that were no longer needed but this noise for Tracker was new and repeated continuously.

"This noise is new and scary" Tracker said in fright.

Tracker scared but also intrigued went to see what the noise was causing. 

Walking through the Tracker garbage I find the source of the noise but it was something he didn't expect to see.

A mixed breed dog appeared and was trying to open a fridge.

"Hi" said Tracker.

The dog jumped in fright and started growling at Tracker.

"Who are you?!" said the half-caste menacingly.

"S-Sorry if I-I interrupted you, I'm l-leaving now" Tracker said in fear.

"Tell me who you are!" said the half-caste screaming.

"I'm a chihuahua and my name is Tracker, but now calm down please" said Tracker much more frightened.

"A chihuahua, and what's a dog of your stature doing around here" said the half-caste laughing.

"I heard some very strange noises and came to check" 

"If I may ask what your name is?" Tracker said.

"My name is Rocky" replied the dog.

"Oh Rocky, good name" Tracker said.

"Anyway, get out of here now" Rocky said threateningly.

"Before I leave I can know what's in that box" Tracker asked.

"No I never let anyone open it, especially those I don't know, in that box are the last memories of my owner and my old teammates" Rocky begins to cry.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you" Tracker said regretfully for what he had done.

Tracker attracted by curiosity approach the box.

"I can see what's in the box so I can help you, I don't like seeing dogs in pain" Tracker said.

"Okay" Rocky said crying.

Tracker opened the rusted iron box, looked at the contents and saw that there was an old tag, a rather dirty white and green peaked hat, and a photo.

Tracker I look better at the photo and...

WHAAAAT?!

To be continued

|By -TheEmpereor-|