Chapter 20

Liberty POV:

It was a night like any other, but I couldn't sleep so I went to the bars to see if anyone was awake.
I looked at the cells next to mine but no one were awake, I was about to go back to sleep when my ears caught a noise.

"Tomorrow we'll get you out of there. I'll be there, and I'll give you the signal." A strange voice said. I gave myself a shot to make sure I wasn't sleeping because that voice was very strange.

"Roger Eagle, tomorrow then. Goodnight." Said another voice. Even though that voice was very faint, I recognized it. It was Fanny's voice.

I wondered what he was going to do. Such a small dog cannot run away on its own, for sure she has some people out there to help her. I have to keep an eye on her. 

I heard footsteps approaching my cell, ran to my kennel and pretended to sleep. Luckily the guards aren't that smart so I got away with it.
Once inside my kennel my eyes started closing and I fell asleep.

Meanwhile

"Are you sure the plan can work?" Arzio asked over the radio. 

"Arzio don't start over with your paranoia. You know my plans never fail." Fiez said over the radio.

"Your plans aren't always foolproof, do you remember that mission on Bakiu?" 

"Okay... My plans are almost always foolproof. the mission on Bakiu failed due to a miscalculation of mine." Fiez said looking at the prison map.

"For miscalculation, do you mean being caught for entering the wrong building?" 
Arzio asked amused as he cornered Fiez. Fiez hates being wrong.

"Okay i admit, it was a big mistake on my part. Are you happy now?" 

"Yes, now if you don't mind I'm going to sleep. Good night." Arzio said closing the radio.

"These artificial intelligences never change." Fiez said to himself.

Fiez studied the map of the prison for a few hours, also with the help of Jarvis who could gather more information on the safest entrances but also on possible escape routes.

The next day all the dogs were awakened by thunder and lamps. Nobody at first understood what was happening.

"Excuse me what's going on?" Chase asked to a guard.

"There's a severe storm out there. Nobody will be able to go out today." 

Just before a thunder, a bell rang indicating breakfast time. Guards arrived with large double-decker carts covered with white tablecloths.

A guard stops in front of Skye's cell and slams his truncheon twice against the bars. That was the signal that Fiez had given to Skye.

Skye went to find Chase, the German Shepherd was in his cell talking to Liberty. 
"Chase? I need you for something" Skye said looking around.

"Fanny, im here whit Liberty." 

"And we need to talk." Liberty he said putting himself in front of the cell.

"We can talk later? Now you two have to follow me." Skye said, raising her voice a little.

"Fanny, we know that you are not who you say you are." Chase said he walked over to Skye.

"So now you will tell us who you are." Liberty said stepping in front of Skye. 
Now Skye was stuck because she was struggling to back away so she preferred to stay still.

"You want know? Okay..." Skye took a deep breath. "Fiez forgive me for what I'm about to say." Skye thinked. 

"Chase, im Skye. The PAW Patrol Cockapoo." The two gasped, though any before they could talk, a guard approached and unseen pointed a gun at Chase.

"Get on the trolley without being seen and stay hidden under the tablecloth." 

Chase looked at Skye and realized that she and the guard worked together.
"Skye... why?" Skye walked over to the trolley and lifted the tablecloth. He looked at the two and nodded at them.

"Come in, we'll explain later." Skye looked Chase in the eye and begged him to enter. Eventually he agreed and got into the cart with Liberty.

"The next step?" Skye asked. "You have to pretend that your paw hurts. I'll take you to the infirmary but we'll go through the laundry first." Fiez said putting the gun back.

Skye did not understand but did as he was told. "My leg, i need a doctor." Skye said trying to do his best at acting.

"Poor dog" A guard said worried.

"Don't worry i take it to the infirmary." Fiez said helping Skye to walk.

Once they were out of the cell area they headed for the laundry. "Good job Skye" Chase and Liberty said complimenting Skye. 

"So all the stores you told us are made up?" Asked Liberty.

"Yes, we made it all up so as not to blow Skye's coverage." Fiez said.

After a short time Fiez arrived at the laundry and told the two to get off the cart.
"What should we do in a laundry?" Chase asked confused.

"See that conduit over there? That leads to the ground floor where they take away the clothes to throw away. On the ground floor a guy named Arzio awaits you. Go, Skye and I will join you."

Chase and Liberty entered the shaft and soon landed in a cart full of clothes. 

"Luckily we had a soft landing." Liberty said laughing.

The two jumped out of the cart and looked around, the two were in a dimly lit parking lot, in front of them was a van with the engine running. The two slowly approached, but before the two could approach the back of the van, a man came out and introduced himself.

"Hello, my name is Arzio." The two greeted the man and introduced themselves.

"Hello, my name is Chase and I am a German Shepherd." Chase said looking the man in the eye.

"My name is Liberty, i am a long  Long-haired Dachshund." Liberty said before shaking Arzio's hand.

"Okay get on up and get to the back of the van, we have to get the Eagle soon." Arzio said before going behind the wheel of the van. After Chase and Liberty were on board the van leave.

"Goodbye prison. You've kept me in there for five long years but now I'm leaving." Chase said looking for the last time the prison.

"Yes, I will miss her even though I always hated her." Liberty said moved.

Arzio drove slow, the rain was strong and incessant enough that the road was barely visible. He wondered how long it will take to reach the Eagle.

"Arzio can i ask you something?" Chase said.

"Alright but fast."

"Why did you, Fiez and Skye save us?" 

"There are multiple reasons this has, one of them is that Humdinger wants you dead. He is killing many of his enemies and he wants to kill you too." 

"And the other reasons?" 

"It's complicated, you have to ask Fiez, now please let me drive." 

The two realized that they should avoid asking questions. For the rest of the journey there was only silence.
They arrived at the Eagle which were on the outskirts of Adventure City, Skye and Fiez were already there, Chase, Liberty and Arzio got on board and the Eagle took off.

But there was a problem. Someone had seen too many things...

To be continued

|By -TheEmpereor-|