Chapter 11.

Nandini Murthy's POV-

I woke up late that morning as it was Sunday. Doing my morning routine, I straight headed towards the kitchen to prepare the breakfast. Manik wasn't around so I kinda felt relieved that he wasn't up yet. I wanted to finish with my preparation before he wakes. It's nothing like over the week I have started caring for him but I am very dutiful to the given work. And for his stay,giving him meals on time was one of the responsible work on me as I have charged him the money. Not that even five minutes passed as I entered the kitchen,I saw a movement in farther sight of me through the transparent window between the hall and the kitchen. I mentally cursed as I saw him comforting himself on the chesterfield by spreading his arms. I heaved a sigh and noted to quicken my pace as he already graced me with his presence.

I went to the other end of the island to take the utensil of dosa batter which I left last night for its proper fermentation. The batter was well fermented when I opened the lid,it looked comparably thick in consistency and more fluffier than yesterday. It was just like I wanted it to be. I beaten the batter with the ladle once and twice and then set it near the gas. Then I walked to the fridge to take out the coriander,mint and curry leaves along with it a partially grated coconut. I brought it near the island and kept it there. Later,I bent down to withdraw the grinder kept within the lower cupboard and placed it on the slab.

I was busy collecting the ingredients on the island to proceed with my cooking at that time,Few strands of my hairs fell on my cheeks because my washed hairs were set free to get rid of the dampness in them. Therefore,using my forefinger I tucked them behind my ear,while doing so involuntarily my eyes fell on the window and I caught a pair of eyes intently looking back at me. With a slight frown marring my face,I stared back at him,waiting for him to break an eye contact as I wasn't the one to back off that easily. I can win a match if there's a competition of boring holes into one's soul,call it my speciality. For my likeliness,he was the one to avert the gaze,I smirked in victory as I mentally taunted- 'Oh Manik,you are such a coward in confrontation. One weakness noted!' By thinking it will come for my use in near future, I engaged myself to work back on what I was doing. Yet evil inside me couldn't stop the mocking grin for him.

In course of time,I was done with the preparation of spicy potato stuffing. When I glanced back through the window,I found him on the same tabloid,I caught him a while ago. He was too concentrated to discern my gaze. He looked nervous before when I saw through here and now when he kept that thing aside his face appeared more pale. I was curious but then I reminded myself that it was none of my concern. Moreover,it was so unlike me to dig interest in someone's life events. I shrugged it off and turned towards the grinder to prepare the chutney (paste) before making the dosas. I plugged in and then turned it on but to my dismay it didn't work. The motar remained completely static. It annoyed me, for it was working well yesterday. With a gritted teeth, I slapped the grinder twice very harshly hoping it would start working. I switched on the button and tried again but unfortunately again no movement. I felt like slashing the thing right into the floor but I restrained myself. I was pondering 'what to do now?' I face palmed myself as one thing crossed my mind but my pride wasn't helping me with it. Then again a rumbling in my stomach told me the urgency of food and then by having no other choice and keeping my high peaked ego aside,I carried the grinder with me and ambled towards the living room with an extreme heavy heart.

The more near I got to the chesterfield the more clear I read a tension written over Manik's face. So far my encounters with him convinced me that he was a calm,rich and pampered prince boy of his family as he wasn't used to the rough lifestyle of here. Because within a week,even though having a meal three times a day,his entire physique appeared tired. I am still clueless to why he's even here leaving the lavishness which I assumed he once was in?