Chapter 31

LUCIFER 'S POV-

My castle was filled with an immense warmth not just with the decorations of scented candles but also because the queen of this castle had finally arrived to make it much like a home now. The suspended chandeliers were adding the beauty to the ambience just the way those beautiful jewelleries I sent for her will be adding beauty to her natural charms. The black satin clothes covering the tables and the red ribbons to the chair made the perfect combination as far as the sitting arrangement for my trusted guests were concerned.

The entire place was finely blanketed with some silvery baby's breaths and some flowers as wine red as the wedding dress which I had personally picked for her. I just couldn't wait more to see her in it. I myself, just got donned into a wedding suit. A pride contoured my face as I kept looking my reflection in the mirror. I cuffed the buttons of my wrists one by one, each. Then taking a Cologne,I sprinkled it near them,followed by my neck. I smiled in genuine, remembering how she had recognised me to be her fate-boon back then due to my scent,when we had first met.

My reverie was broken by one of my soldier who knocked upon my door, bellowing in a respectable tone from the outside,"your highness,the priest requests for your presence...it is a time!"

I opened the door,all prepped up. I nodded at him curtly with my head high and then started walking towards the throne room where our wedding was scheduled. The soldier trailed behind.

As I walked,I sniffed lightly, tonight there was a different fragrance lingering in the air of hell other than that of those burnt ashes. The fragrance which was filled with joy and enthusiasm. Yet not as intoxicating as of my Lilith. She was a totally different fill to my veins.

Reaching at the door of the throne room,I gave a once over to all the organization done for this precious night. Everything looked perfect as it was suppose to be. I approved that my instructions were taken to heart and followed obediently. Then again,they all had too! They had no other choice and by all means they knew better than to anger me.

As I started taking confident strides towards the dias,the crowd that gathered to witness my wedding in a shorter while,begun bowing with honour at me. The closer I got to the dias, the higher my chin rose. I examined the systematic decoration of our thrones,hers and mine fixated rigidly next to one another. In no time, my queen will be ruling right beside me from this very place. With that thought, I smiled a proud smile and turned half a way, only to meet my eyes with my kingdom's old priest awaiting me from a step below.

He took a step above to get closer to me. The old hag was genuinely happy, I could see it in his eyes but there was that look of 'I told you so' in addition as well. I rightly knew,it was for that one time when he being an only elder in this kingdom, had advised me that sooner or later, I would need a queen to rule beside me. Otherwise, the entire kingdom of hell would remain incomplete and imbalanced.

At the time, I had smugly refused him forcing me into an unnecessary marriage and told him off in his face that I would be absolutely at my best on my own. That was until her! Until that one day when my world collided with hers that I knew how much I needed her sanity to keep my insanity at bay. So here I was tonight, unexpectedly being the most impatient guy to get wedded with the newly found love of his life.

Kratez,my priest, stood beside me and inclined a little in my direction to whisper in my ear so that only I could listen—"My King,you seemed to be so whipped by our future queen. She sure must be very impressive!" He added in playfulness.

I rolled my eyes at it. "Trust me on that, she is! But you know what?" I further asked while facing towards him to which he furrowed his brows. The creases on his forehead deepened with those old fine lines.