Chapter 5.

Manik Malhotra's P.O.V.-

I pressed a cushion over my ear further more when a loud trance of JVLA's Such a whore hit my ears. I extended my hand in search of my cell but couldn't find it anywhere near. Frustratedly, I sat upright. My eyes squinted and a brief yawn stifled my mouth. Inhaling deeply,I stretched my neck sidewise and an instant pain shot up my nerves due to my awkward sleeping positions throughout the night. It's intensity clearly crept over my face as my eyebrows knitted with one another and a wince escaped my lips. Plus the BGM of song was doing no good. With barely clear vision,I found my phone laying on the nearby couch in the room.

I rubbed all the dizziness off my eyes and let my legs hit the floor. First, I strode towards my phone and turned the piercing alarm off. Then the dimness across the room came in my notice. Hence,I made my way up till the balcony of my room. I tried pulling the door slightly but guess it was jam. I exterted more pressure and pulled it again. The course of action made my veins pop out of my fair skin layer,making themselves visible. After a good try,the door finally opened with a creaky sound. This enlightened me that the room surely wasn't in use, lately.

I entered the balcony and the morning breezes twirled around me sending shivers through my bare upfront. Yup, I was just in my sweats. This is quite my habit ever since I was in L.A. I roamed my orbs adjusting with the sunshine out. And just like I imagined,the view around was actually heavenly. Tall green trees casting their shadows on the ground met my eyes. More blissful thing was the species of birds that came to my eyesight. There was this nest of an Indian Robin at the tree nearest to my room which caught my eyesight. The little babies chirping and the mother robin was feeding them whatsoever food it has collected. A soft smile plastered my face as it surely made my morning better.

But while watching them intently, I missed them. I missed my family. It made me think about the morning breakfast with my family. Though it wasn't any great because every morning, some little banters used to occur here and there on the table but still having a family by your side, alone is a blissful thing. It made me realise, even their violating voices left me a memory to miss them here today. I missed dad for his constant lecturing,I missed mom for exchanging her plate with me like a kid,as mine always had an extra layer of honey and chocolate sauce over pancakes. I missed grandpa's every morning cool tips of hitting over girls and I missed the cheerful face of my granny. Moreover, all her sweet pamperings.

When I was musing over all this, the grumbling in my stomach disturbed me by remarking how hungry I felt right now! I sighed and averted my gaze from the bird's nest. While scratching my nape,I retracted back in my room. I picked my bag and unzipped it. Then I hunted for my usual tank top. Once I found it,I pulled it over my head, stretching it further down my upper body. This explains I haven't unpacked yet. Because I was too exhausted last day. It clarified one more thing,I have a lots to do today!

I grabbed my phone and tucked into my sweats' pocket. Later opening the door,I began sauntering down to living room. While crossing the passage,her room caught my attention and reminded me the events of last evening. I was upset with her behaviour,would be an understatement. I was beyond mad at her. How much eager was I, to ask her about Ved grandpa as well as her own family! But everything went in vain with the attitude that she shown me. Okay may be not the family info but I atleast expected her to show me around as a noob. Her tone at the main door let alone explains she didn't want me here,she just let me in because she had a fair knowledge about me rightfully owning this house. Hell! She didn't even ask me a glass of water when I arrived then how did I even hope something as pathetic as,she taking conversations further with me by opening the door of her room? And with that, somewhere in my heart I already realised one thing i.e. I won't get any answers from her even if I bang my damn head.