Chapter 36.

[Hello my sweet almonds, here ahead,is a treat of another long chapter for you all. So happy reading ❣️ ]

[WARNING: THERE'S A DISTURBING VIOLENCE MENTIONED INTO THIS CHAPTER SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALSO, I DON'T ENCOURAGE ANY SUPERSTITIOUS MAL-PRACTICES ,NOTE THAT WHATEVER WRITTEN IS FIGMENTAL]
-------------------

Manik Malhotra's POV-

"Why did you have hard feelings for her father?" I intervened Lucifer's story.

"Because as I told,me and Kratez,we both felt the odds in the situation at the same time. Manik what kind of father forbids his own child the rightful daughter-hood and then shows up to give her that right ages later? What kind of father disowns their child albeit of how they are? I swear would've never done such a thing as a father to my own child." With hurtful eyes,he expressed.

"Misunderstandings do occur!" I tried to reason.

In a disappointment he gritted his teeth,"you are saying this because you haven't met that vile man. I felt it in my bones,I could've almost caught onto his façade,if not my wife was so easily wrapped around his finger, I would have saved the forthcoming mishap."

"A mishap?" I repeated.

"Yes,the storm that he brought wrapped into his silence in my peaceful kingdom." Lucifer got spaced-out again.

I looked at him with a face holding cluelessness so he went on with his further story.

"The next day of me permitting Lilith,was the day of her departure-

Lilith stood in a porch with all her packings, her father was waiting at a few distance from her. I walked closer to my lovely wife and caressed her face. I brought her cheeks in both my palms and drew her face closer to me, caring less of who's watching and who isn't,I instantly pecked her coral red petals. She was nearly as distracted as me. Her lips were warm and soft against mine as she moved them. I took a bit longer with her lower lip and paid my extra attention to it. It was that moment I knew, without her having around me,my days are gonna go toughest.

With a heavy heart, I parted away from her and looked deep into her midnight orbs. They appeared teary but she was good at holding them back. A sly smile exercised on her lips as she spoke, "miss me a lot, Lucifer."

"That I will, afterall I have given no other choice." Discontentedly, I remarked.

She rolled her lips in and furrowed her brows. Tipping on her toes,she placed a lasting kiss on my cheek and then mumbled near my ear,"my apologies to you for causing you this pain but please know this that I will get back right into your arms in no time." I gave a brief nod to it.

"And here we are running short on time, daughter dearie!" Lord Night made a commotion from somewhere in the background and I clenched my jaw.

"Yes father,just a moment." Lilith replied.

"Kratez," she called and the old priest immediately came into her view.

"Yes my queen?"

"Take care of my husband for me." He laughed and bowed to her in affirmation whereas, I let out a growl of annoyance.