Chapter 14.

Nandini Murthy's POV-

I came back from the walk and closed the door behind me. The evening was pleasant when I peeked out from my balcony earlier. So I had a sudden urge to pace around for a while. Ofcourse tall trouble interrupted me in that too but I tried not to let him ruin my mood for me. He has already caused so much! I just went past him and joined the backyard.

Today was the night before new moon therefore,the moon was crescent. Surprisingly, the darkness in the woods was more denser than ever. By now you all know how appealing it is for me! So, was I suppose to miss such a golden chance? Hell no!! That's why I decided to go further into it which I hadn't done before. This was the first time in those many years I stayed here that I felt exploring in the abandoned woods further in the backyard.

The air or the coolness in there,felt different to my skin. The place was filled with utter silence. No chirping of night crickets,not even an inkling of nocturnal species. I paid no heed to anything else because the darkness around,was so so soothing. As I inhaled deeply with so much concentration,I heard an unsettling sound of ripples coming from near by. My eyes closed and scrutinized to focus on the sound again. I heard it one more time. A smirk tugged on my lips as a thrill seeped in my veins to explore it.

I walked in the direction of the sound. Passing through some shrubs whose branches were overlapping one another. The land was grassy. I felt the tickling of the blades around my feet. When I finally went past it all,I stood in front of a huge lake which I never knew that existed here before. I took couple of steps ahead and found an old board scribbled as "Lucifer's Property."

My eyebrows knitted and I unconsciously ran my fingers over the letters. An oddly familiar scent hit my nostrils and my eyelids wired shut. I felt like my head was turning heavy due to some unknown reasons. I steadied myself by gripping harshly on the board because a wave of dizziness twirled inside me. At the very time,there was the disturbance in water ripples too. The lake was inviting. I felt it was inviting me towards it. Then I was attacked by a soft breeze like a thick rope whirling in my surrounding having me knitted within and suddenly I experienced a burning in my chest. I didn't know what was happening to me but I knew exactly who could come to my rescue right now.

I focused with all my power to attract the darkness towards me. During that while, I wanted Kaal more than anything. I wanted it to detach me from the severe attraction I got involved into. I waited and waited until the eigengrau behind the wall of my eyes flushed into complete darkness. A smug crept my lips back again instantly.

When I opened my eyes,I saw a thick smoke of darkness blinding my vision creating a boundary between me and an illusive lake. I grinned devilishly spreading my arms in a black smoke. At that time,I took an about turn and decided to walk back to the house.

Blocking all the enchanting effect from earlier, Kaal brought me safely shielding upto the border of the backyard and disappeared once the glow of lame off-white lamps beaten it's presence. I clenched my jaw at it's absence but my mind got distracted with a pride for an achivement over whatever that tried to have me captivated back there. By wasting no time,I headed into the house and now here I was, laying peacefully on the mattress with open arms and a victory smile still displaying my face. Gaze locked at the ceiling.

I still couldn't decipher 'what was it?' I had no idea,how I got so affected. What's bothering me is the 'feeling I felt!' So far if I have felt any emotion beside the hollowness within me then it's the rage and hatred directed towards Manik the very own tall trouble! But what I felt there was something impossible. I gulped a lump in a throat when I pictured myself standing before the lake. How can I even experience something that I consider as shallow as familiarity and belongingness? Moreover what's with the board Lucifer's Property?