Chapter 25.

Manik Malhotra's POV:

Thought, I would get some rest for I had a day off. The start of my day was so good. I had done face time with my family. My grandparents looked better than before,seemed like they had finally started accepting Ved grandpa's loss in their life. Dad pretended his usual sternness in front of all but nevertheless,his eyes turned soft whenever he had spoken to me. Mom, like always was extreme chirpy, especially more because of her recent shopping. That's why,she gave me a little show of her newly bought jewelleries and dresses.

This neutral mood remained until Nandini came upto me with some list of things. Me and her are on good terms these days. Therefore,I didn't deny to her request or rather I would say,her order. I went and bought exactly what she wanted but there's no such ocassion where I don't disappoint her. I had seen it in her eyes,that typical accusation of 'I had given you one simple work and you expectedly ruin it.'

My objection is I am supposed to relax today but instead here I am, getting punished for my deeds and cleaning windows.

Sometimes I think that I am bounded by fate towards them. I mean I still remember the day when I came here,I and her, had an argument over these same windows and I was punished to close them because I insisted to keep them open. And today the only difference is,I am punished to clean and tidy them. My point is,alas, in this humongous house,my world begins and ends at these stupid windows.

I gritted my teeth while rubbing the wet cloth with more force than necessary. I don't like her,she always does this to me. She knows to get her ways by blackmailing me with food just because I depend on her for that one thing. So what I can't cook? I can always order or eat from the outside.

I smirked at my proud thought but that smirk vanished the very instant when her voice rumbled in my conscience,warning me about the 'BUDGET MANAGEMENT' just the way she had warned me a while ago.

Sweat beads started forming on my forehead which I wiped away with my thumb and the forefinger. I was gasping for air whilst I kept cleaning the glass neatly. This is too much...here I am, getting all worked up and she's up there enjoying her warm fuzzy bath.

What does she think, I didn't understand when she rubbed that taunt in my face? And oh my! The way she walked over me with those prideful steps. I ticked off my head negatively at the memory of it.

"Lilith who harasses poor souls like me!"I muttered under my breath by banging the cloth fisted hand against the window glass.

I know I am exaggerating a bit because I have a fair-share in bullying the weaklings during my college days. I had been someone as evil as her. Though I had never gone too far for the sake of my family reputation and for my grandparents' great ethics. Hence, whatever happened during the time of my college,stayed in the college and never reached their ears.

Therefore, I am not someone so pure either, upon whom you would bestow your pity. For a moment I thought,this way I was literally paying for my past deeds but that was until one realisation hit me hard.

I am someone who had bullied others then how will I let anyone else to make me a subject of their bullying? I threw the dirty cloth distastefully on the ground. For a last time,I wiped the sweat off my forehead and smirked bitterly when a sickly sweet plan crossed my mind.

Dear Nandini Murthy, you are messing with the Manik Malhotra. It's always an eye for an eye! 'How can I spare you so easily,my little lilith?' Let's see how far you will make it in the bathroom and how long you will take a blissful bath!