Chapter 45.

Manik Malhotra's POV

Now that my Nandini was fast asleep, I wasted no more time in bed and quickly sat upright. Of course not before softly placing her onto the mattress. Despite what I had decided, I still went gentle on her within the matter of hours. Seems like it's gonna be challenging for me to go rough on her, considering she's so fragile from the inside that she didn't think twice before putting herself in danger because of my little playful torture.

Also, it was hurting me to make her suffer, afterall she's a piece of me. The one that I have vowed to protect, pleasure and worship right from my past life.

Getting distracted with her thoughts was not on my list right now, so I shook my head and shifted my focus on something entirely different. I wanted to get some answers to solve this Kaal's puzzle in Nandini's life. My old soul, i.e., Lucifer had mentioned of my grandparents. He had given a hint. Something about them knowing better regarding this secret.

So my feet were in motion and my eyes were rapidly in search of my phone which I couldn't locate anywhere in my vicinity. I needed to talk to my grandparents anyhow not just about the issues I have to solve to make everything alright for me and Nandini but also, I had been gone for almost what counted as two weeks, so I also had to fill them up with a believable lie.

By now, I had moved plenty of things and yet couldn't get what I wanted. I raked my fingers through my hairs in frustration and twitched my lips in displease. 'Where the hell could it be?' the question kept repeating in my subconscious and to rid myself of my now frustrated mood, I mused of getting some fresh air.

So, I ambled up to the door of the balcony, pushing it open, I made myself comfortable by putting my hands over the railings. My head tilted up, facing the dark sky as I let out a warm breath. It dispersed in the form of a foggy cloud due to the chilly weather. I then lapsed my tongue over my almost dry lips and in that moment, through my rear view, I caught a sight of a trunk pushed in a further corner.

I completely turned to take a look at it, I hadn't seen it before in my room space so, my legs already began moving in its direction. The closer I got, the more my eyes got narrowed. By the time I reached near it, I instantly crouched before the trunk and my fingers traced over it to dust off the surface. Curious, I opened the lock and was really surprised when I found each and everything that belonged to me locked in here in a systematic order.

My lips tugged at one end, thinking of Nandini packing it to get rid of my belongings—'Such a fool of mine!'

I huffed when I saw my phone lying there and picked it out. I examined it. Luckily, the cell wasn't trashed or cracked but it was switched off. Yeah, one should not take Nandini Murthy for granted, another lesson that I learnt due to today's incident.

Come to think of it, Nandini wouldn't know how to operate the smart phone because she has never got herself one so I can only presume that my phone's battery was dead.

I rummaged back through the trunk and grabbed a charger. I quickly sauntered back inside, spared an involuntarily glance at the bed to see her soundly dozing off.

Reaching the electric board, I connected the charger and plugged the pin to my phone. The screen awoke and bright light intruded my vision, making me squeeze my eyes in tiny. The next thing that came to my notice was the warning message that flicked up, it read 'Charging is only 5% !' I sat the phone there on my work table which was now occupied with most of Nandini's stationary items rather than any of my belongings. I sighed at it and moved.

Muffling the yawn behind the palm of my hand, I lazily wandered around the room. My blurry vision came to another halt. I tilted my head slightly as I scrutinized an easel that stood at some distance from the bed. I was so occupied with Nandini that I had failed to notice it before. The art was kept covered with a butterpaper but I could make a familiar outline through it.