Chapter 53.

Nandini Murthy's POV—

"I LOVE YOU, NANDINI!"

My eyes flickered as a soft yet heavy confession fell upon my ears. Very slowly I averted my gaze and met his eyes, Manik was already looking at me by holding an immense depth in his orbs.

He must've registered suddenly that he had blurted it out of nowhere, because immediately his hand clasped his mouth.

I only passed him a weak smile. I didn't mind his blatant confession because although I didn't know how to reciprocate his feelings, I did respect them! Also somewhere within me, there's this hope that I may be able to return his affection, someday or maybe sooner because there's no denying that he has the soft spot in my heart, already. I just don't know to name it as boldly as he does, that is all! And right now, him and uncle Mahesh were the only people in my life, whom I trusted with all my might.

"Hey...I didn't, well I-" he started gathering an explanation but was terribly failing as he was unable to speak without stuttering.

Manik then cleared his throat whilst I kept observing his antics keenly and by scratching his nape he said, "I am sorry, I didn't intend to make you uncomfortable by saying it out loud."

"And what if I am not uncomfortable?" I dared him.

He watched me with his mouth wide-open for a few seconds then gave a curt of his neck and with a crease on his forehead, he questioned— "No?"

I found the gesture adorable so I chuckled.

"You have said those words to me before." I reasoned in between the fits of my laughter.

He seemed to be lost in a thought, probably thinking on which all occasions he had said it to me but I have a vague memory of all the times he had said those coaxing and heart-fluttering words, even though they had a very repulsive response from me back then.

"It was different that time." Monotonously, he stated.

"And how's that?" I hunched forward by crossing my arms on my knees.

"Consider that those confessions were not of mine..." He moved his head to look away but I got on time and held him by his chin.

There was a pause between us, his eyes regarded my fragile touch at the base of his face. I followed his action and again matched his gaze.

"Okay, I consider it!" Came a considerate whisper past my lips.

"You wouldn't want to pry over it?" Manik asked, quite bemusedly.

"Not unless you are willing to tell me about it." I replied instantly, "there's no meaning to force it out of you...so I would rather have you take your time with it."

A pleased smile adorned his fair features. He came forward and brushed the tip of his nose against mine, "I am liking this version of you much more."

Feigning a hurt on my face, I voiced, "so you didn't like the versions of me before, you wound my heart."

That earned me a loud cackle from him. I watched him with my gleamy eyes as he threw his head back and laughed carelessly.

"Arguable, honestly." He said, shaking his head. "I would rather say it was a love-hate thing."

I sneered dramatically at him so he continued, "don't give me those glares, accept it, you were not always on your best behaviour."

"Alright my lord, you win!" I declared, swatting the air in front of me.

He giggled like a teenager and drew himself closer by slipping forward on his knees. He then towered over my head and brushed the hairs falling about my forehead. "Live to the fullest, now you can!" His words weighed of misery but also they were underlined with a silent relief.