Epilogue

She stared ahead at the mirror, her eyes assessing her veil that draped her face. She reached up and brushed a strand of hair out of her eye, tucking it behind her ear. Adjusting her grip of the bouquet of flowers in her hand, she took a deep breath. The past year flashed by in her mind like an awkward memory as a new one was just beginning. She smiled as she glanced sideways at Aria who was wrapped elegantly in a white dress that encompassed her frame beautifully.

"This is just the start, Ade." Aria whispered, as she turned to face Adira. Ade turned to face her fully, her insides tingling with excitement but also nervousness. Aria was smiling gently, her hand on Ade's shoulder comfortingly.

"You look mesmerising, Ade. I fear you might just knock the breath out of him, when he sees you." Ade and Aria both laughed, turning to face the door before them. Ade weaved her hand through Aria's, letting out a deep exhale.

"Just remember, that I will always support you and love you." Aria vowed, her words capturing Ade and giving her the reassurance she needed. Ade squeezed her arm briefly but before she knew it, the door in front of her opened slowly, revealing the hall, and everyone that sat there. However, Ade was looking on at Jay who stood at the end of the aisle, smiling. She looked at him, her eyes full of astonishment and endearment, her own smile flowering on her face. Ade looked on at Jay, her heart expanding in her chest, the sight of him drawing out the very wings of her soul. For he was her lover, her soulmate and her best friend.