Surrender?

It was late in the night when Ade returned. She slipped out of her heels and tiptoed around the flat, trying to avoid any loud noises. She wasn't quite ready to go to sleep so, she went to the kitchen and searched for her Oreos. Once she had found them, she sat at the dining table and deeply sighed. She nibbled on them while she stewed in her thoughts. Drake was a very charming man. His smiles, kind manners and generosity sat very well with Adira. However, there was the other case with Jay. Whom of which she... S-she.. No! She can't do that! The whole point if this date was to distract herself and she was distracted quite well; Drake had very much openly said he liked her and she liked him too. This wasn't something she was going to simply let go. She slowly got up, still fumbling around due to the darkness that consumed the flat but she liked it this way. She hadn't had much time to herself these days. She threw open the fridge door and after a long time of searching found some AJ and gulped it down. She relished the pure heaven running down her throat. She had been out too long. Jay would've been worrying like shit, she thought. She wanted to go see him, just the sight of him made her feel better, but no, she didn't want to disturb him. Ade raked a tired hand through her soft, brown hair as she made her way her bedroom. As she turned around to go get her heels she thoughts she heard shuffling from Jay's room, but just shook it off. However, somewhat curious, she turned back and suddenly her hands were against something quite unexpected. She stared at her hands, reluctant to find out what it was, however she had a good idea. Her hair shielded her face from what she didn't want to see. He was standing in front of his door, his hair ruffled and looking irresistible. A blush crept along the side of her cheek; it was Jay's BARE chest. His piercing stare was on her face, a solemn look on his face. She slowly raised her head to look at him. Her beautiful blue eyes raised to meet his and she felt a lightening bolt surge through her. His face, his eyes, were full of raw emotion and she was doing her everything not to reach up and sieze those lips with her own. They started at each other for timeless moments, Jay's eyes every so often landing on her lips, waiting for her consent. Eventually, the desire consumed him as he bowed his head and captured her lips in a all-powerful kiss. He was scared she wouldn't respond; Ade eventually returned the kiss and she was completely elated. He moved against her in a way of molten desire, every move increasing in need. His heart exploded with happiness and sheer love. Sparks of fire lit up her being.. But this was wrong. Her heart protested violently and she closed her eyes in hope of capturing this beautiful moment before what she was going to do next. He was still moving against her, they fitted into each other perfectly. But she couldn't do this! She pulled back from him, her head bowed. His eyes desperately searched her face, dark with desire.

"N-no.. I-I can't do this.." Ade whispered, slightly shaking her head. Jay's heart broke into a million pieces.

"Hey, hey, look at me! Isn't this what you want? You can push me away, but I'll never leave." Jay whispered as he cupped Ade's face and tilted it to make her look at him. Ade's heart was on the verge of collapsing; she hated herself so much for doing this, but she was doing this for him.

"Whatever game your trying to play, I intend to win it and win your heart. You can do this countless times, but it'll never stop me from loving you." His voice descended into barely audible whispers as his gaze rested heavily on her face. The confession was overwhelming. She stared at him wide eyed and a small gasp escaped her.

"Yeah, I love you Ade. I've been pretty much scared myself from this, but it's time I admitted it." Jay seemed confident in himself as his thumb caressed her cheek.

"I can't do this Jay. I just went out on a date! I really like that guy.. And I don't want to hurt you." She was blatantly lying to herself. She was too confused about her feelings and if she let him carry on and if they got together, what if she hurt him? She wouldn't be able to bear that.

But I'm hurting him now!

Ade had no idea of what to do. Shouldn't Drake and her deserve a chance? But shouldn't she give into what her heart tells her and what she has wanted for so long? Everything hit her with uncertainty, making her turn and run to her bedroom. She could decide about this so irrationally without thinking..

"You can run, but I'll always be at the end of the line, Ade."