An Ending

Jay sped towards the chair, instantly falling to his knees as his hands fumbled around, trying to understand the clock underneath the chair. Pulling it out slowly, he realised it was a bomb: red, blue and yellow wires hung loosely from 3 units at each corner, meeting at the centre. Clay surrounded the wires, strapped to the bomb itself, making it near impossible to take it off without setting it off. But this was all attached to the chair that confined Ade: one slight move to the chair and the bomb would blow. Despair and fear tapping at his sanity, Jay's hands groped at Ade's neck, hoping for some pulse. He turned cold when he couldn't find one, but nearly fell over with relief when he felt a slight heartbeat alert his fingertips.

"Ade, can you hear me?!" Jay shouted, his eyes pleadingly searching her face, brushing the hair desperately out of her eyes. Taking her by the shoulders, he shook her, his own being starting to shake with terror.

Turning around slowly, he looked up into Brad's face, who was sickly white along with Aria who was holding the wall as her support to keep her standing.

"D-Do y-" Jay was barely able to talk: his voice was choked, the invisible rope of dread tightening around his neck.

Clearing his throat, he tried again. "Do y-you know how to disarm this?" He whispered, his voice coloured with obvious desperation and fright. Wishing and wishing that Brad was an expert at bombs, he looked around defeatedly, his head hung low. Brad simply stood there, staring ahead at the bomb, blinking furiously in protest of the situation.

"I can try," Brad whispered, walking slowly towards the chair, Jay moving aside. Crouching, Brad studied the bomb with his careful eyes, then snapping his head up, spotting a wire cutter laying on the floor near the stone pillar. Standing up again, he picked up the wire cutter with shaking hands and came to sit near the bomb. Adjusting himself comfortably in his seat, he carefully slid the bomb to his side a little bit, so that he had a better view of the bomb. Bringing the cutter to the wires, he sat there unmoved for a moment, fear and dread clawing at him. Before anything, he slowly turned his head around to see Aria still unmoved, and Jay standing near him nodding approvingly. Inclining his head, he turned back towards the bomb.

"Okay.." Stratigically bringing the red wire over the yellow, he cut the red wire carefully, momentarily shutting his eyes to the impact of the bomb.

"I think the goal is to cut them in the right order, is all," Brad whispered, more to himself then anyone else. A wave of fear overwhelmed him as his eyes darted between the red and blue wire. Quickly deciding which one he was going to cut, he gingerly held the red wire, cutting it gently. Relief crashed over him, as he sat there unbelieving if his luck. A gush of air escaped him as a smile of disbelief flowered on his face. But before he could take out the blue wire, a figure emerged from the darkness, seeming to stumble towards the chair. Dirt caked his face, his hair sickeningly slick against his forehead, but a cruel, horrifying grin appeared on his face through the endless shadows.

"Drake.." Jay spat, injecting as much venom as he could into his words. Swiftly swiping his gun up from his waistband, he cocked it and aimed it at him with deadly precision.

"Stay right there you dick," Walking straight towards him, an iciness washed over him as he saw how he was still smiling. "You won't be smiling when this gun," He waived it cockily in his face, "goes through the back of your head." However Drake wasn't listening, his gaze had already moved to Ade, a some kind of pitying look lingering in his eyes. Realising what he was looking at, Jay's lost it: He knocked the gun around his head, his face swinging from the impact then falling to the floor. "Don't you dare look at her you son of a bitch," Jay breathed, raising his leg and bringing his heavily booted foot crashing down on his face. There were now rivers of blood running down his face, but that smile never left his face. Rage swam through his veins but beneath everything panic.