Chapter 3

I was sitting at the dinner table with my business ally who also happens to be my best friend

I was sitting at the dinner table with my business ally who also happens to be my best friend. Adriano De'luca. our sons are good friends as well we were eating dinner at my house with the De'luca's. We were ingulfed in our own conversations when my phone began to ring. The room went silent because they know better than to talk when I'm on the phone, I stare at the unknown caller ID and answer it" Hello is this Mr. Ferrari? " a woman asks on the other line.

"Yes, what do you want?" I ask a little annoyed.

"Well sir my name is Mrs Lindsey Landell I'm a social worker from L.A" she says.

"Get on with it what do you want?" I say getting more annoyed whilst everyone at the dinner table just stare at me.

"Uhm sure well I would like to inform you that your former wife has passed and we'd like to know if you are willing to take custody of your daughter". She said.

I froze I didn't know what to say. Mia piccola bambina. She's safe. I finally found my baby I thought as tears welled up in my eyes. I was quick to blink them away it was silent for a few seconds, my sons and the De'lucas just stared at me in shock with confused faces wondering what the phone call was about that caused the tears in my eyes.

"Uhm hello? Anyone there?"the social worker asked.

I cleared my throat" Uhm yes,yes I'm here. I'm on my way right now and thank you so much." I said with a real genuine smile.

Everyone's eyes went wide. When I smiled. They looked at me as if I grew two heads or something.

"No problem I'll send the adress than we can meet tomorrow morning at the police station okay?"she said.

"Ok no problem I'm on my way. Goodbye ma'am." I said quickly not wasting more time on seeing mia piccola bambina (my little girl).

She said goodbye and ended the call. I was ecstatic and my smile just grew.

"Papà are you okay?" My oldest son Alejandro asked.

I just smiled wider.

"Diego call the doctor" Matteo said.

"ELIJAH!!!" Diego yelled

"What the hell is wrong with you I'm sitting right infront of you, idiota!" Elijah exasperated staring at Diego incredulously.

"Well don't blame me I was just following orders" he says nonchalantly.

"I asked you to call a doctor not yell for one I'm beginning to question your thinking skills" Matteo says sighing deeply.

"Brother!" Diego dramatically gasps."At least I have them unlike Mr Acey boy over here" Diego says while shrugging.

Ace just glares at Diego which causes him to quickly retrieve what he said with a sheepish smile.

"Oh shut up would you" Matteo says.

"If it's so easy to say then it must be as easy to do as well so you should try it" Diego says with a smirk playing on his lips.

"You little shit" Matteo says with narrowed eyes.

"You're the only shit here" Diego says.

Andrès just has an amuse look on his face wondering where his best friend got the sudden boost of confidence.

Alejandro just stares at me still shocked at what he just witnessed. A smile. I just smiled a real genuine smile.

After a few seconds the other siblings join in on the argument.

"Abbastanza!" I say sternly tired of the argument. The room goes silent. I get up from my chair and say " Raggazi prendete la macchina e informate il pilota che stiamo arrivando proprio ora!" (Boys get the car and inform the pilot we're on our way right now).

"Perchè cosa c'è che non va padre?" (Why what's wrong father?) Alejandro asks me.

"Tutto bene?"
(Is everything alright?) Alexander my second oldest asks.

I looked at my sons and said" We found her" I say trying my best to keep calm.

They all look dumbfounded and then something unexpected happens"Who?"asks Ace which leaves everyone in the room more shocked.

I give him a small smile and say "They found our principessa." As those words left my mouth I felt a warm tug on my heart I couldn't believe it.

I look around and see all my sons on the verge of tears. Even the De'Lucas had tears in their eyes. They loved Isabela too, I mean who wouldn't my daughter is truly one of a kind. She could capture anyone's heart with just a smile.

"it was her social worker that just called me informing that Margarita died and my piccola bambina is waiting for us to come pick her up". As soon as I finish talking everyone immediately gets up and starts making arrangements for our principessa's arrival.

We're coming princesà.

Thank you for reading
Boring I know but it wasn't that bad. :)

Right?

------ Lots of love

Destiny♥