Chapter 33 The first task

Y/n's pov

The next day harry told Hermione what Sirius had said.

"Let's just try and keep you alive until Tuesday evening," she says desperately, "and then we can worry about Karkaroff."

We walked three times around the lake, trying all the way to think of a simple spell that would subdue a dragon. Nothing whatsoever occurred to them so they retired to the library instead. Here Harry pulled down every book he could find on dragons, and both of them set to work searching through the large pile.

"Talon-clipping by charms...treating scale-rot...' This is no good, this is for nutters like Hagrid who want to keep them healthy..."

"Dragons are extremely difficult to slay, owing to the ancient magic that imbues their thick hides, which none but the most powerful spells can penetrate...' But Sirius said a simple one would do it..."

"Let's try some simple spellbooks, then,"

"Well, there are Switching Spells...but what's the point of Switching it? Unless you swapped its fangs for wine-gums or something that would make it less dangerous....The trouble is, like that book said, not much is going to get through a dragon's hide....I'd say Transfigure it, but something that big, you really haven't got a hope, I doubt even Professor McGonagall...unless you're supposed to put the spell on yourself? Maybe to give yourself extra powers? But they're not simple spells, I mean, we haven't done any of those in class, I only know about them because I've been doing O.W.L. practice papers...."

"Hermione can you please shut up." Harry says thought gritted teeth.

I slap his arm.

"Just because your about to die by a dragon does not mean you can be rude to Hermione." I say.

He just glares at me.

"Oh no, he's back again, why can't he read on his stupid ship?" says Hermione irritably as Viktor Krum slouched in, cast a surly look over at the pair of them, and settled himself in a distant corner with a pile of books. "Come on, Harry,y/n, we'll go back to the common room...his fan club'll be here in a moment, twittering away...."

And sure enough, as we left the library, a gang of girls tiptoed past us, one of them wearing a Bulgaria scarf tied around her waist.

-_-_-_-_-_-

The next day I was thinking about the dragons and the champions.

Cedric still didn't know about the dragons...the only champion who didn't, if Harry was right in thinking that Maxime and Karkaroff would have told Fleur and Krum.

"Harry Cedric doesn't know about the dragons." I wisper to him.

"I know come with me." He wispers back

"Hermione we'll meet you at the green house." He says

"Harry, you'll be late, the bell's about to ring -" Hermione starts

"We'lll catch you up, okay?"

We run out to the courtyard.

"Over there."I say pointing to Cedric and his friends,who were all wearing potter stinks badges.

We walk to him.

"I need to talk to you Cedric." Harry says.

"Ok."he replies.

He and harry walk behind a tree.

So I'm here with Cedrics idiot friends who are wearing potter stinks badges amazing.

They come back and harry grabs my arm.

"He knows now."

"Great he won't die now."