chapter 54 umbit- umbridge

Y/n's  pov

I get up and change into my clothes not exited at all. Today I had classes with that pink toad. I grab  my backpack and walk slowly to the common room. Harry is there. I smile at the sight of him.

"Hey!"

"Hi y/n."

(Time skip)

A paper bird flew over the students head. Seamus hit it as it flew over him and dean. The bird flew around the chandelier. As it lowers crabbe flings a small paper ball at it. The bird flys high then catches fire and burns to ash on lavender and Parvati's desk.

"Good morning, children." Umbridge says behind the students.

The whole class turns to her.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs." She says walking up the row swishing her wand.

As she says this the words write on the chalkboard.

"Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe. Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic." Umbridge says standing Infront of the class.

She flicks her wand and a stack of books glide down each ile dropping a book on each desk. A book dropped on my desk. I read the title. Magic for beginners. What the actual h- . My thoughts were interrupted by umbridge.

"Yes?" She asks to Hermione.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione says confused.

" Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."umbridge says

"We're not gonna use magic? " Ron asks clearly confused.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, ritsk-free way. " Umbridge says walking down the Ilse.

"What's the point of even having this class then?" I say out loud

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." Harry states after me.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class," umbridge says walking back up in front of the class"It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about. "

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there? " Harry says getting angry.

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself? " Umbridge says.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort." Harry says.

The class gasps. Neville looks down along with some other students.

"Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told... that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie." Umbridge says walking down the Ilse again.

" It's not a lie. I saw him. I fought him." Harry says  anger  weaving through his voice.

"Detention, Mr. Potter." Umbridge says turning sharply and walking back up to the front.

" So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own?" I say.

" Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident. " Umbridge protests.

"Sounds like your birth." I mutter under my breath.

"It was murder. Voldemort killed him." Harry insists.

" Enough! Enough. See me later, Mr. Potter. My office." Umbridge says.

"But it was, I wasn't there but I know for a fact that Voldemort is back!!" I state.

"Detention for you to Ms McGonagall!!" Umbridge says.

I scoff and umbridge starts the lesson.

Umbridge more like umbit-

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn and the kids behind me hands me a note and mouths "from harry". I nod my head and open the note.

Why did you do that?? You could have stayed quiet.

I roll my eyes

A/n
Surprise I updated. :)
The ending was descent.
Go eat and drink something

Au revoir ❤️