001: Hyuga

— "Hang in there!" A father squeezed his partner's hand, giving her reassurance as she gave one last push

            "Hang in there!" A father squeezed his partner's hand, giving her reassurance as she gave one last push. And finally, two voice cried, Hiashi cried in happiness as he went over and looked to the twin girls crying.

"Congratulations Hiashi-sama, you have two daughters." The midwife greeted, bowing and handing the two babies in front of him.

"You'll be named Hinari, while you... You're gonna be Hinata." Hiashi stated, Hinari wrapped her small hands on her father's finger, soon after that— as if she felt comfort— Hinari stopped crying.

The twins grew up in a blink of an eye, one was filled with brightness while the other one was too shy. Hinari was everyone's favorite while Hinata was only favored by her mother. They were about to turn 3 tomorrow, both were nervous as they sat in front of the table served with delicious feast.

"Do you like it Hinata?" Her mother asked her daughter who nodded in response, their mother giggled and kissed Hinata's forehead and started feeding her once again.

"Just enjoy everything, my daughter."

Hinari frowned by their actions and stood up, bowing.

"Father, Mother, can I rest now? I'm quite exhausted and nervous for tomorrow." She said, Hiashi gave her a nod of approval. After Hinari went out the dining room, their parents looked at each other; eyes filled with sadness.

"Are you really sure you have to do that? Hinari's a bright girl, she might hate us if you do this." Their mother said

"It can't be help, it's our tradition to do this. And plus, she never shows any strength or sign of superiority nor improvement. She was perfect because of her intelligence but, she's not perfect enough to be the next heiress." Hiashi sighed

"Having Hinata is enough, she'll be stronger."

"Happy birthday Hinari-sama, Hinata-sama." A man named Hizashi— who introduced himself as her uncle— greeted. Hizashi got on his knees, as he reached to hug Hinari, Neji— her cousin— went to her and gave her a sunflower.

"I don't know what kind of stuff you like Hinari-sama, so I got you some flower. I'm Hyuga Neji by the way, nice to meet you Hinari-sama!" Neji smiled, Hinari smiled back and accepted the flowers.

"Thank you! I like flowers." She stated.

Neji's eyes lit up with happiness and awe, he find her so adorable; enough to make his eye tear up. Despite being the first time to see her in personal, Neji felt the sense of responsibility to protect her smile. He wanted to be her protector, forever.