Chapter 1: Contact Made

Harry James Potter was a boy of seventeen years and he had seen his fair share of both good and bad things in his time already. He lived with his aunt, uncle, and cousin who liked to pretend he was invisible and didn't exist most days. Something for which he was grateful for this summer, as Harry had a lot of changes occurring to him he didn't understand and why they were occurring at all.

Well, that wasn't totally true; he had vague ideas of what these changes could be alluding to preparing his body for. However, he had no real materials to check for reference and know for certainty. The materials he did have that mentioned what he suspected it to be; they only glossed over the subject.

The headmaster, as always, answered his letters with riddles and managed to give him a headache with more questions than he had started with. Harry was beginning to feel the old man was trying to hide something from him and he didn't want to Harry to know whatever it was he was hiding.

It was eerily representative of a time in his fifth year and the year he lost the closest link to his birth parents other than the one who betrayed them and one other close friend; who was also gone now.

Harry had pretty much sequestered himself to his room most days and was becoming increasingly aware that he needed to study more as the war went onward . After his birthday, and being allowed to use magic fully; he had taken the opportunity to redecorate his room to his standards after purchasing some spell-books recommended to him by Hermione through owl mail and owl order.

He smirked to himself now; if only his relatives could see the tiny room now...they'd be green in envy with what he'd done to it. Costing him no money; only time, patience and days of effort and magic.

He had enlarged his small room over four times the size it was on the inside without remodeling the house to make himself comfortable. He had a spacious bedroom area and study corner area. There was a door that led off to the left which was now a private bath and another next to it that was a full-sized closet.

He would no longer suffer the indignity of them neglecting his need for a bath to remain clean and out of harm's way from sicknesses. He had dealt with that for far long enough.

Harry shook himself; though most would be surprised by the design of the rooms now. It was very clean and modern compared to the wizard world tastes.

 It was very clean and modern compared to the wizard world tastes

(The Bedroom)

The bedroom floor was now a grey stone tile with accent rugs throughout; the room done in shades of black, white and grey while utilizing a very modern theme and muggle tech that now ran on magic. It had taken Harry days of study and experimentation after his birthday to nail down that new skill.

Every light and or electric object now ran with magic in his space; they did not interfere, however, with anything outside his room. Otherwise, he'd have had hell reign down on him for it. Harry hadn't wished to bring doom to his door earlier than expected.