Chapter 25: Fighting for Life

Hogwarts was slowly mending the state of minds after the explosive battle amid the grounds nearly two weeks ago. The senior aurors and hit-wizards who had backed down to watch it play out had reported their discoveries to the leaders left.

The state of the Ministry of Magic was wildly in chaos with the news of Harry's return and his aid to the dark due to Albus's betrayals. Albus's admittance of the fact he had tried to kill their savior through the memories of the ministry workers sent there had set the community a fire with interest and fear.

Harry's powers were considered dangerous and many of the higher up officials were eager to see him put away and sealed off from anyone else or exiled if they could manage it. Lucius Malfoy had snorted to himself as he had heard all these ideas and notions.

That they believed they could detain Harry and seal him away was a ridiculous notion. His lord's mate was far too powerful for them to do this to as was his lord himself under normal circumstances. He sighed inwardly though; a year ago he would have slapped himself for even considering these thoughts.

But now...Harry was not well after Albus's last attempt to kill him before he was killed by Harry after he was injected with the newest form of the toxin made to eradicate him from Westwood, and each day Tom looked much deader inside than the previous one.  Hogwarts had recovered from its assault, but her heir or one of them at least, he was still lying in a bed in a sleep that was more coma than anything.

He responded to nothing as of yet and his breath was shallow though his injuries had healed. His magic was fading away slowly too. It was as if he truly was dying this time and Tom looked dead to the rest of them.

Healer upon healer had been sought to see if any more new information might turn up over Harry's condition or whatever might be able to cause such a reaction from what was in the toxin.

No luck.

--

Tom's face was pale and sunken in...in restlessness. He had barely slept in days and barely eaten at all. He merely sat there beside Harry day in and day out, holding his hand in his own and prayed silently for him to wake while asking for a miracle to happen at this point.

Kaia often saw this and tears formed in her eyes. Tom was becoming dead inside as her son's magic faded away and his breath became shallower each day. They had not been able to identify the new toxin's added ingredients and even Severus was lost on this one.

She was losing her son all over again...and all she could do was pray like everyone else for a miracle that would save him.

Tom sat there now after a week there and not having barely moved from the spot. He didn't know what to do anymore. His mate was dying and he was helpless here to ward it off of him. His thoughts were bleak and all he felt was emptiness inside where Harry's light had been.

"Harry, I don't know if you can hear me or not and I pray you can...but please my little incubus; please...return to me? I am so lost here without you and I cannot lose you now like this. This is not what was supposed to happen." He whispered as his head laid on the bed-frame beside him

"If you go on to the realm of the dead; I will follow knowing I have at least ended the war I started and that this world is in capable hands. I cannot do this without you. You brought me so much happiness I never knew existed. Take this light from me and I am a shadow of myself."

--

Deep inside Harry's Mind

Harry was in agony as his magic was burning him alive eating away at his being.

"I will not give you the satisfaction you want." He hissed as his normally verdant eyes tinged with orange-red and his temper was becoming clear over the situation.