Chapter 28: Plans are Made Further

Tom had little time to act in his plans, but he knew removing Harry from the infirmary ward out from under the careful watch of Kaia, who was now Harry's surrogate mother, was going to be difficult on his own; let alone if she kept Philomena at hand after this afternoon's odd occurrence. The Succubae matriarch and her colleague had been absolutely fearsome in keeping him alive and guarded. If both were there...he'd never get his body from there without alerting them to his attempt.

As much as he'd love to believe he could get his mate from there without their notices; their senses of hearing and smell were far beyond his own. Not to mention Kaia now had the ability to sense Harry's magic somewhat. She would know if his presence was removed completely from the ward. As his second surrogate mother in his life, Kaia had adapted well to him and he treated her with all the love and respect she deserved as such.

Tom had decided to 'try' and enlist Aedan's help in regards to removing Harry from there, but whether he would consent to do this or not considering circumstances what they were...that was another story all together. He could not force him, as that would end badly for his alliance to Harry's clan and he also did not wish to jeopardize it.

Tom waited in his study for Aedan to come as he requested of Shara and Tanek through her. They wondered what this was about, but he had all been but mum on the issue. He didn't think that Tanek would take kindly to what he was about to do to his surrogate son as much as Kaia would if she knew of it. Shara was asked out of respect as Aedan's mother, who then asked permission of Tanek for him to go after his afternoon work was done.

A knock sounded and his thoughts somewhat were settled and displaced for the time being.

"Enter." He said finally with a firm tone

Aedan entered the study of the resident dark lord and looked rather nervous. Tom did not ease his nervousness after he then silently locked the office door and put sound barriers up for those outside of the office who did not need to know of his plans.

"You sent for me?" He asked curiously

Tom nodded, "I did. Sit, please...this will be difficult to discuss and we don't have much time to plan what must be done."

Aedan nodded as Tom then paced before the windows and the teen watched him with anxiety.

"If you are truly Harry's friend among his people outside of those he considers family, but still close enough to trust his secrets to; then I need your oath of silence that none of what is going to be revealed to you will then be spread among anyone here. This is a highly delicate matter and one of utmost discretion." He said finally

Aedan saw how distressed Tom was and knowing it involved his mate; this sounded bad already. He must have new information on his mate's state as his distress was clear as day. Harry had been through a lot already and now; he was dying and getting further ill each day. His magical core was fading and his power was vanishing. Nothing they had done had been able to revive it and nothing they had tried had been able to reverse the burst of his magical energy in the infirmary ward.

Despite his suspicions and nervousness though; Aedan agreed and gave the oath. Tom then explained the first of two notes he had received from Harry even though he was comatose and supposedly dying.

Aedan read the first one as his eyes narrowed angrily at the necromancer's handiwork and then he looked to Tom with a hardened but determined gaze.

"You said there was another, and it was this one that told you how to wake him and why you need my help and silence." He said more firmly

Tom nodded cautiously as he slid the parchment to Aedan. The dirty-blonde haired teen delicately took it and unfolded it as his eyes watched Tom in uneasiness. The man was unsettled and Aedan knew this was hard on him.