Chapter 18: Home

The news of Harry's return to the mansion had spread quickly and raised the morale among Tom's forces. Knowing he was alive was more than a blessing, but knowing he was to return to them now was like they had been given a breath of new life to their lungs.

Tom's overall mood seemed to have done a complete three-sixty in less than an hour; all as he had the house elves cleaning the place sporadically so it was clean to hills when his mate returned home. This was done while Hermione and Bella prepared the rooms for the leaders of his clan to stay. Hermione felt as though they may opt to stay outside the walls of the mansion; but, just in case...

Narcissa was readying her stores of healing medicines and supplies. War was approaching and all needed to be ready. The forces were training still; as they ever were, and had been training harder since Harry disappeared.

The mansion had been refortified and warded better than before, and all who saw the fortress now would wonder if it was even reachable. The small mansion had become more of small castle due to renovations for sleeping quarters for the Inner and Outer Circles. There was now a place for research besides the library and it also held areas for the crafting of magical artifacts or other such things.

Severus's lab had been updated too and he was happier than ever by this. Tom's generosity in all this was due to the fact that if Harry returned; he never wanted him to be hurt in that manner again and so the refortification was to better protect him and all who resided there. The upgrades were merely extra bonuses for most of them. Hermione's training facilities tripled in opportunities for her scouts and Harry had new areas too for his units.

Now that all this had been done over the last year he had been gone, everyone was just eager to see him return to them.

--

On the third day of waiting, it was just after the sun had fully risen when one of the scouts heard the wings of the pegasi. He ran to the fortress and alerted them all.

Within an hour, Tom was standing on the front lawn with the Inner Circle and Outer Circle standing just behind him to show his unity with his immediate followers among the wizarding society.

To their left was the factions of Werewolves he had gained loyalty to with Fenrir at the helm of the pack and several others with their alphas leading them. The Veela and Dark Elves just behind them with their bow trained to the sky; waiting for the signal and stood ready.

To their left were the Vampires and they had Lord Xyron Kilgorn at the front. His army of vampires to his coven standing alert and unafraid to brave the heat of the sun in waiting for their Lord's mate to come home. A mate that Kilgorn had spoken to just before he had vanished and had respect for. The leaders of the other covens allied with Kilgorn waited and watched in great anticipation to see this man that Kilgorn spoke so highly of and that they all braved the sun for like this to see come home. The sun didn't kill them as they were day-walking vampires; but prolonged exposure wasn't too good either for them.

Behind the Vampires was Hermione and she had her legion of Scouts. She was smiling as the wings drew closer to them all. She heard the sounds of wings and hooves and reveled in it all as her smile only grew. The storm of wings and the thunder of of the hooves; to her it was a sign Harry had finally found his place. He accepted his role, and in doing so; he was returning to them healthier and happier. A force one would know in time that was not good to threaten.

These emotions were ones of excitement, happiness, and anticipation for her and probably for Harry as well. Her brother in all but blood deserved to be happy, and now she could hear it coming as they drew close.

When Aurora appeared from the clouds; she reared backed proudly as her armor glinted against the sun and the masses cheered for the sight of their second command returning home. Harry stood on Aurora now easily even as she made a display of the show. He drew the twin swords and clanged them together in a show of power for his resolve and survival. His hair had come undone in the air and blew behind him to the right and his eyes sparkled in happiness to be home.