Chapter 31: Rebirth of the Peverell Clan

(This is the last chapter for the work! There is another part, however, I will not be writing and/or posting it until after I finish several other stories first. Please respect this wish.)

The next morning, Hermione rose before dawn and got dressed quietly after a quick shower. She went to her balcony off of her rooms with a cup of hot tea brought by the elves out of habit now. She sat on the bench there and watched as the beautiful autumn sun rose and the slightly bitter wind caressed her face as she closed her eyes and hummed in pleasure to the sensation.

Born in September as she was, she enjoyed the beginning of the more cool weather, but knowing she was likely to become a creature that detested cold and ice; she was maximizing her enjoyment in it while she could.

Harry was hurting from Severus's distance now and so was Draco in some ways, but her brother was more so despite the events that had occurred between the three of them. She wanted her brother to smile more as he had been before. She knew meddling like this was bound to bring her more trouble than it was probably worth, but she was determined to set things right if they couldn't do it themselves on their own.

She quickly finished her tea and set the cup on the table inside as she entered before heading to the apparition point and to Hogwarts to have a very stern talk with a certain dour and evasive Potions master over his less than cordial behavior the last few weeks.

--

When she re-appeared to the gates; Hermione smiled now. The castle was almost back to how she would remember it being in her younger years there. Her thoughts however, darkened, when she considered what she was here to do.

She made no announcement of her arrival and she doubted that Severus would be happy to see her when he realized what she had come here for. However, she did know the man well enough to ascertain he was an early riser. He had her help with several potions before that were delicate when Draco had been unable to help him.

She reached his office and knocked on the door while waiting for a reply. She smiled slightly as she was told to come in and gently opened the door and stepped within his presence.

"Good morning, Severus." She said politely, "I hope I am not disturbing your work?" She asked

Severus looked up in surprise to her visit, "Ms. Granger, I am surprised to see you here considering tonight's events are going to be a strain on you?"

Hermione frowned, "I will be Hermione Peverell by tonight Professor as you are well aware, so perhaps you might indulge me a moment?" She asked him

Severus eyed her with weariness and then sighed as he locked and silenced the door. He told her to sit and offered her tea; which she politely declined.

"Why are you here Hermione? There is not a reason for you to come here; at least not as far as I know, so your appearance is odd at best. Not to mention the ministry watchers are everywhere, and I am unsure if they would try to take you into custody if they knew who you were." He asked her softly

Hermione looked to him a moment and then decided on a course of action.

"I am not worried about the ministry right now. I am far better trained than they would believe me to be, so I don't consider them anything more than pincushions for target practice. I am here for a reason though, and it involves my brother." Her eyes told him gently as he watched with curiosity.

"I don't know all of what happened and passed between you and my brother. I do not believe it is my place to know as he is of age as I am and what we do in our personal affairs is our own business. However, in light of recent events, I am finding it hard to ignore some aspects of this sentiment.