Chapter 30: The Peverell Legacy Revealed

After the two powerful sleeping beings woke, Harry happily showered with his mate before they dressed for dinner and to address the people of Darion's newest threat to Harry and his clan. Tom wondered how far Darion was willing to go to get what he believed was justice and revenge for the woman he loved called Selene and had once been a direct ancestor in some form to Harry himself as one of Ignotus's six children.

The fabled wizard's blood was strong in that he had four sons and two daughters with one mate in his life. Selene was the third eldest child, and so he knew she would not have had any reason to stay within her family home after marriage. She was not inherited as much as her two elder brothers; though she had had a nice size inheritance from her parents. That was rare in those times due to war and the inability to always suitably protect the family as well as maintain the fortunes due to the costs of waging war.

Tom was not sure which of the six children Harry came from though his mate might know. If he did not; it might be worth it to see if there was anything left of that time to possibly discern which child Harry came from. Selene died before her first-born had been born, so it could not have been her, but his mate could have come any of the other five and Tom wondered if it would be possible to trace. It might lead to the discovery of why the Peverell clan was now at its end of the line besides the obvious reasons.

It might also lead to clues on exactly why Harry was so powerful and why Iszael was needed to be awakened in him during these modern eras. For, it also seemed like Darion was willing to do anything possible besides dying if it reached his goal; even if he would never see her again or be able to have to face her for it.

--

Tom's face was deep in thought as he dressed for dinner and Harry came in momentarily to do the same. He had noticed Tom's pensive thoughts, but refrained from asking after them. Tom had noticed his mate's hesitance to asking as well.

In some ways though; the older mate of the two understood what Darion was up to and why he would even consider doing it. He had after all; almost given his soul once already to destroy Albus Dumbledore and all for the absolute wrong reasons he had been purposely fed.

After Harry entered his life and he had gone through his rebirth after the tournament fiasco...he'd gained clarity and regained former memories lost to his insanity from before. This had made him insecure, and so he had made mistakes that he wished he hadn't done. But now that they were past them...Tom couldn't imagine his life without Harry there.

Albus Dumbledore had been his mentor once. He had admired him for his knowledge and skill on par to no one else. Despite the fact that he had trusted no one but himself then, and most certainly still almost did. But the discovery of him having an unborn true-mate had made Albus angry. 

The elder man soon began to act differently; confusing Tom great due to his lack of understanding to emotions, and not long after... Albus had distanced himself from him and continually pushed him away instead of being the mentor he was supposed to be.

It had confused him and hurt him deeply. He was an orphan, and so he had precious little things of his own and few people to count on. He had no idea of how these emotions worked. In the end of things; Tom had come to distrust and hate him and so Albus had turned from him and he had tried to destroy him first in hopes the bond would have likely dissolved.

Tom had survived though; only to be lost in his hatred and to walk in warpaths to continually try and kill his infant mate along with all he perceived as enemies. A mate who was then led to believe things of him that weren't true on some levels. Harry though, he knew Albus wanted more from him then he would say and when he inherited his incubus from his lineage...Albus knew things weren't going to go in his favor anymore.