NINETEEN

CHAPTER ONE | 장

❝THE WAY YOU SMILE— HOWCOULD I RESIST YOU?❞

THE WAY YOU SMILE— HOW
COULD I RESIST YOU?

━━━━━━━━━

Roughly days passed by, and now, they had to face the police officers for interrogation as well.

"So, it really is suicide." The police came into conclusion.

"We've said it for 5 times already. Yes, it's a suicide. She was in intense grief due to the passing of her own husband and we tried our best to get her out of it but she already made up her mind. We couldn't do anything rash. And if there's anything to blame for the issue, it's your system of help for arriving so late, and you arrived with donuts. Donuts! Who the fuck buys donuts before help preventing a suicide." Goo criticized.

"Sir—"

"And you even had the guts to chastise my boyfriend for not pulling her in. Can't you understand? She was one step closer to the edge, doing anything rash would only lead to both of then slipping off and dying!"

"Calm down, sir—"

"I won't calm the fuck down until you get that through your head." Goo growled.

The police officer stepped back before inhaling. "Alright, we formally apologize. We'll get going now."

"Good."

And then they were gone.

Goo turned to M/n who was seated by the kitchen, eating soup rather miserably. He approached his lover and wrapped his arms around him, comfortably pulling him close.

"Those officers of justice are only assholes with dicks for head. I swear to god they never bother to comprehend."

"You shouldn't get worked up about it. It's to be expected." M/n said.

"Yeah." Goo agreed before trailing his fingers on M/n's neck, enjoying the skin. "Are you still upset by the happenings?"

The boy sighed. "I don't feel for long. I was only a little shaken, and a little glad that I, at least, understood her finally till her last moments."

"It's only natural to feel sad."

"I know. But I'm tired of having such a depressive mood. I need to cheer up a little. It was her decision and it was his karma for drinking obsessively." He referred to his parents. "I can't forever be upset about their choices."

"That's good." Goo nodded. He then pulled out 4 cards, faces down. He grinned at M/n. "Here's to cheer your mood. Under these 4 cards are the 4 people in charge of the 4 major crews, I'll finally explain to you what's up with it."

Well, it's a way to distract.

"Let's open one." He picked the furthest one and a printed picture of a guy can be seen. "This one's Johan, he's in charge of god dog and he's a mama's boy. He tried getting through him once but I put him in his place." He proudly smirked.

"He has some. . . Intense eyes." M/n looked at the picture and could basically feel the glare from the mere paper.

"He does."

Goo opened another card. "Oh, this one's Oli Wang. I think he had a past similar to yours but of course, you're the better version." He quickly complimented before getting back on topic. "He's a psycho who can't feel pain due to emotional abuse from his parents before, and basically— he's dead now."

"Oh."

What a way to kill the lights.

Goo hurriedly opened a new card to change the topic. "This one's Jake! He's a polite one! He used to be Gun's successor but he's disqualified now. I think he just got out of jail, but he's causing trouble already." He sighed.

"Jail?"

"Yeah. Caught doing illegal business."

"Oh."

"Alright, last one is. . ." He opened the card and showed the picture. "This one's Samuel, he's a nutcase. Works for the Workers now but I recently recruited him to my group of secret friends."

"Secret friends? Now, what is that."

"Contestants for my successor."

"Oh." M/n glanced at the picture more carefully. "Now that I look at him again, he's kinda. . ."

"He's kinda—?" Goo gestured for him to continue."

"He's kinda. . ."

"He's kinda what, my love?" The blonde patiently waited.

"He's kinda hot."

"He's what now?!"

The card was crumpled and thrown into trash. It seems like Goo can easily be jealous by words.

"I'm kidding." M/n assured, making Goo sigh in relief. "Kinda." The blonde inhaled it all back. "But still! Even I find him hot with the tattoos, the glasses, the hair, those mommy milkers—"

"I get it."

"You're still my favorite guy." M/n placed his hand on the blonde's cheek. "And I'm sure you're more handsome in person. Can I see the card again?"

Goo gave it back after seeing the look on M/n's face.

"You know what." M/n pursed his lips, realizing that the man on the picture was just too fine. "At least you're nice, right? That's a good thing too!"

"Don't take it back!"

M/n only laughed at Goo's expression. And it seems like all of the blonde's worries faded away after seeing him with a happier look. Goo realized he loved M/n more when he's happy.

"What do you want for Dinner? I can cook." Goo suggested after they settled down. "Your graduation is near, maybe you're facing some kind of stress or something. I can help you, just tell me."

"You're too good for me." M/n sighed with a smile. "But I got everything under cover. And about Dinner, I can help you with preparing."

"Sounds good!"

"So, what's on the menu, chef?"

"Buttered chicken, miso soup, and stir fry. Is that okay?" Goo sought for his approval.

"Of course. More than okay."

"Let's get started then!"

The rest of the night was spent making dinner, eating dinner, and washing the dishes together. It was ordinary housework but it was wholesome enough for the two of them.

It was what they would call quality time.

And after seeing M/n with no more kinds of burdens weighing him down, Goo realized that he liked it better this way, to have the boy all to himself. In fact, he loved him so much that he would do immeasurable things for him.

They probably realized it both. That things are better this way.