PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE |

Kim Joon Goo was having a really, really awful day

After having lost to Gun in a game of poker— with a high cost of money. He was also given a stern scolding by the Chairman after beating up the people he was supposed to collect debts from.

He was having a hectic day. And while a treat from one of the geniuses would have relieved his stress, they didn't even pay him any mind; automatically labeling him as annoying and troublesome. (In which in some aspects, he was).

But that was besides the point.

Goo stopped by the outside of a mini shop, it was called 11/7 or something. He planned to buy something to treat himself, but unfortunately, as if his day couldn't get any worse— he had left his credit card and money. He was basically broke now, and he didn't like that.

He could easily get his wallet back from his office, but that was too bothersome. Plus, his car was out of gas as well.

Goo could only mutter curses under his breath, he didn't even want to contact anyone since he hated having to beg someone for help. And knowing the people on his contact lists, everyone there were as much of an asshole as he was.

He could only stand outside, waiting for nothing. And he can't exactly rob the store since that would risk the Chairman's reputation if they ever found out he was connected to him somehow.

Just one thing that Goo knew was that Robberies are not meant to go well in the Robber's case. And he can't risk anything now that he was in a bind.

"Damn, if I ever have a fairy godmother, this is your perfect time to show up." He mumbled jokingly, remembering the sappy fairy tails from a disney movie.

After minutes of standing like a fool outside the store, he decided that he should really call Gun instead, to get his wallet or something. But as soon as he pressed 'call' and the line started ringing, the door to the store opened, the sound of the bell reaching him instead of the audio of his call.

There revealed to be a teenager, perhaps the same year or younger than him. The boy wore a high school uniform while carrying a school bag, and one thing that Goo noted first was how oddly tidy and neat he appeared.

He must have came from cram school by how late it was. The boy looked like a typical good student.

Goo realized he was staring but he didn't care.

The boy paused outside the door before he reached something from his bag, searching for something that made Goo wonder if it was a gun. After minutes of rummaging through his bag, the boy finally saw what he was looking for.

A banana milk in a carton.

The boy then wordlessly held it out for Goo, eyes staring in disinterest as he waited for the fake blonde to receive it.

And rather reluctantly and out of confusion, Goo took it and stared curiously back. He was expecting a word or something, wanting to hear just why he gave him banana milk.

But the boy was silent before he eventually looked at the watch on his wrist before rushing away, as if in a hurry as he noticed the time.

Goo could only stare at his back, already thinking back to their odd interaction. But he looked back with amusement, putting the pieces together and figuring that the boy even had a curfew.

It was interesting. A typical good student and good child to his parents.

The kind that was boring. And yet, the fake blonde was already smitten with interest.

Goo looked down at the floor and saw a School ID, that boy must have dropped it as he searched in his bag.

But that was even better. An opportunity held out right in front of him, he could already think of ideas that can connect them again.

Picking it up and dusting it off, it indeed was an ID. The picture matched. It made Goo grin as he saw the name and address revealed, it was an easy access to information. Was this destiny?

Goo looked back at the milk carton in his hand.

He usually doesn't like banana milk but maybe he does now. . .