2: The Guren

Located in the bustling red light district of Yoshiwara, a brothel known as the "Guren" stands as a prominent establishment, attracting visitors from near and far.  Its doors open to a world of desires and fantasies, offering a temporary respite from the monotony of daily routines. As night falls, the lights of the establishment glow invitingly, casting a seductive aura over the district.

A smug cloud of smoke blew from cherry red lips as the giggling sounds of cheerful laughter from a group of beautifully dressed women filled the crisp midnight air. Each one cladded in a beautiful kimono as they all laughed and chatted amongst themselves under the bright lights of the brothel.

You hesitantly approached the group and all giggling suddenly stopped as several judgemental eyes glanced your way.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the little parasite!" Came the mocking words of Sayomei Takahashi, the most popular and high-ranking Orian at the Guren.

You felt a wave of embarrassment wash over you as you stood there, unsure of how to respond to the cruel taunts. The other girls snickered and whispered amongst themselves, making you feel even more out of place.

"My, don't you look like shit...as always!" She mocked, causing the other girls behind her to laugh.

Her harsh words stung like a sharp needle, piercing through your already fragile self-esteem. As you tried to shrink into yourself, the laughter of the girls echoed in your ears, amplifying your sense of isolation and vulnerability. Ashamed, you looked down at your feet. They ached since the straps of your sandals broke off, thus you had to walk around barefoot.

"Anyways, did you managed to get the wine Lady Yamamoto asked for, hm?" Sayomei asked you.

"N-no, the owner─I mean, the store was closed." You half-lied, your voice barely above a whisper.

To recap, you had been sent on an errand by your mistress\boss, Lady Chiyo Yamamoto─the owner of the Guren, to purchase some wine from the local liquor store. However, when you'd got there, the owner was intoxicated and had made a pass at you. You tried to restrain the man, but he'd manage to somehow overpowered you and then tried to rape you! Fear set in as you realized that you were no match for the drunken man.

So, you had no choice but to kick him where the sun don't shine and runaway, thus he gave chase to you.

You recalled the sound of his angry shouts, spurring you to run faster. Lady Yamamoto's words echoed in your mind, urging you to be quick and return with the wine, but you had been far too afraid to go back.

'Oh wow, you're beautiful.'

Your face heated up and your heart fluttered as you recalled your encounter with the mysterious, tall, and handsome stranger with white hair and a bejeweled headband. His words are still fresh in your mind.

"Oh, for fucks sake, (Name), can't you do anything right? Seriously, you're so incompetent. It's no wonder you're a parasite!" Sayomei said, releasing an exaggerated sigh.

"Yeah, parasite!" Said a girl in a pink kimono standing beside her, Kazumi Uehara.

"So useless!" Said another girl in a purple kimono, Echiko Ochida.

You wined and hid your embarrassed face behind your long (h/c) hair; it was the only thing you'd tend to do to isolate yourself from their harsh words. However, you gasped when your bangs were pulled aside, revealing your face as you glanced back at Sayomei.