22: A Flamboyant Confession

"Now, have we finally calmed down some?" The silver haired man asked after an hour of silence.

Despite still being a bit peeved, you were feeling a tad bit better, now that you'd calm down. But it still didn't mean that you've forgiven him for leading you on.

"I have," you spoke curtly─crossing your arms and glaring daggers at him. "Why didn't you tell me sooner that you were married?" You asked.

"Okay, but before I answer that; allow me to fill you in on a little bit about myself, first?" He says.

You say nothing only continued to glare at him, all the while waiting for him to explain himself.

"I was born into a family that practices in polygyny-relationships, which is why I have three wives."

Your eyes immediately widen at this.

Polygamy? As an where one man is married to several women? You've heard about those types of relationships, but never assumed Tengen to actually indulge in such affairs.

Now realizing the situation, you sort of felt bad for thinking that he was a conniving cheater.

"W-why didn't you tell me that earlier?" You asked.

"I didn't tell you because I thought it wasn't necessary to tell you just yet." he answered as if this were an everyday occurrence.

"Wait! Y-you mean, you were actually going to tell me, anyways?" You question, trying to understand the bizarre man in front of you.

Tengen nods, "yes, but I figured I'd wait for the right moment to tell you. Have I had told you back in the ruins; no doubt, you never would've even spoken to me." He chuckles sheepishly─scratching his cheek.

Well, he wasn't wrong in that aspect.

Damn right, you would've ignored him, considering how many girls here in Yoshiwara had fallen prey to such men and have committed infidelity, and you surely didn't want to be one of them.

"O-oh." Is all you said, feeling somewhat calm.

"I do apologize for leading you on. I just didn't want scare you away before actually having the chance to talk to you." Tengen adds, before reaching for your hand.

You allowed him to take it as you gasped─finding yourself being pulled forwards until you're pressed against his tall, solid body. Tengen slowly wrapped his arms around you, with one hand on your back and whilst the other caressed through your long hair.

You blushed at the affectionate gesture, feeling his warm breath fan over your head and hearing his strong heart beat against your ear. The sweet aroma of his vanilla and lavender cologne filled your senses as you felt yourself instantly relax against him─allowing him to freely do as he pleased.

The familiar feeling of blunt and well-trimmed nails massaging your scalp was enough to make you croon and completely submit to him as you found yourself mindlessly wrapping your arms around him.

"I'm awfully sorry, (Name)-chan. I'd initially intended to be truthful with you from the beginning, before we proceeded any further." He admits softly, before placing a kiss on top of your head.