33: The Waiting Game

"Ok, what about this one?" You turned to the Shino Buff Mice, showing them your third kimono of the day.

A bright short (f/c) kimono with hydrangea flora patterns and embroidery. It is made of crêpe and is pretty.

After returning "home" from your little shopping-spree, you figured since you'd already finished your chores and still had plenty of time before nightfall, you spend the rest of your day picking out something pretty to wear tonight, in case Tengen shows up tonight?

Not only did you want to surprise him with the box of chocolates you purchased, but you also wanted to look sexy for him, too.

You're not sure why you're acting this way, but it felt really good that you wanted to doll yourself up for your wayward lover.

You've definitely started to open up more in these first few weeks.

Why you became the object of Tengen's amorous affection, you still didn't know the answer to that? You were just a shy girl working in a brothel as a maid, too afraid to talk to anyone, keeping as much as possible to yourself, and he was the ridiculously attractive man with three wives, determined to make you his fourth.

He's the first person that you've found yourself trusting, who you feel unafraid to talk to. Yes, you still blush when he looks at you, but it's not out of fear or anxiety.

You just can't believe someone like him has all this time, all this energy, all this love for someone like you? No matter how many times you try to object; he still reassures you.

"Do you think Tengen will love it? I mean- it's not too much, is it?" You asked.

Both Ude and Mune glanced at you from their spot on your bed, still munching on the last remnants of the cheese rolls you'd bought them; along with your pet cat Mashumaru, who was laying curled up in a ball on your pillow, still sleeping.

After observing your kimono, they both gave a thumbs up in approval. They thought the colors suit you perfectly and highlighted your beauty even more. It was definitely more eye-catching than the other kimonos you owned.

"ᴹᵘˢᶜˡᵉ♡"

"Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it! Alright.. I'll wear this one, then." You tell them.

You hope Tengen shows up tonight as you glanced at yourself in the mirror.

This feels right. You wanted to- NO, you needed to look your best just for him.

─────────────

That night, you found yourself sitting, once again, behind the harimise and donning your pretty kimono. Your long (h/c) hair styled in a taregami with your bangs only covering the left side of your face.

The Ninju were safely tucked inside your obi as you keep glancing left and right, eagerly looking out for any sign of your flamboyant, silver-haired lover, whilst mindlessly listening to the constant chatter of Sayomei and the others.

"I'm telling you, she was found dead near the Kyogoku House."

"That still doesn't prove anything? She committed suicide."