ii, one

I'VE BEEN SHUCKED AND GONE TO HEAVEN

She didn't remember falling asleep or when she moved from the uncomfortable position she had been in wondering about all the what ifs, heart aching with loss and mind racing with whether they should trust the people that took them. Because as she jolted to a wake when the copper met the ground, her legs were long gone from being close to her chest but entangled in a heap of legs of the waking Frypan and her head rising from the shoulder of the boy beside her. And she came to her senses, realising where she had been was no longer the Glade, shortly glancing at Minho before sitting up as if trying to figure when sleep had caught up to her.

It was dark outside, the sun just having set behind the horizon and the only thing ahead of them a large compound lighted up with lights. The door opened with a loud noise, calling for them to get out at an instant, to be fast. It was strange because as there was an urge for the children to get out and to get to the building safely one must say, the many armed men outside projected the opposite as they were staring at the ridge as if anything was going to come charging over it in a matter of seconds.

And so it did, the calmth was seconds long as the first shriek came crashing over the dune behind them and followed by many more along with the continuous sound of ammo being fired into them as they ran. It seemed almost ironic, needing to slip past closing doors to get to safety when they had barely just made it out alive of a place that was made with closing doors as a safety beacon until they no longer served their purpose.

Her eyes widened at the sight before her, the never ending height of the ceiling, the many floors stocked with boxes and the space of it. The space before them was gigantic, the many people rushing about left and right, carts carrying items from one place to another. It was strange to see a place running so differently than what they were used to, so mechanically almost, eyes finding something new to focus on whenever she turned to look at something else, her brain still trying to question what those things were. Questions they all head but for her mind to put into words, ones that slipped past her lips before she could stop them. "What the hell is this place and what the hell were those things?"

They were rushed into a dimly lit room, almost tumbling over one another by the push of the two men outside telling them to get in. The questions of them as they wondered what was going on entirely neglected with a, nothing we can handle, before the door was shoved into Thomas's face as his fists met the metal. "Hey! Let us out!"