i, fifteen

WE BELONG TO THE MAZE

It was a streak of light and the undoing of air between the seal that once had drawn their attention, eyes set on the new found light that came from where the code had been confirmed into the system. Some had stared at the light as if it were an alien thing like herself, something they had not seen before in their lives, others stared in shock as if they faced something worse than a Griever: all because of the luminesce of what lay behind the metal door.

The question however now had been, what lay behind the door... Was it a way out or another test? What would they find if they were indeed walking out of the Maze and into the outer world they had not once seen in their post-memory wiped lives.

Teresa's fingers pressed against the metal, it creaking and squealing under the force as more light flooded the crowded room, stepping into the bleak area ahead of them closely followed by Chuck.

One by one they seeped into the grey hall, structure similar to the one of the Maze. Her eyes trailed from the endless and unlit tunnel ahead of them, to the walls around them: walls covered in pipes, ones she could only figured were the reason they had endless water supplies in the glades, utter silence apart from the unexplained noises surrounding them.

A clicking noise echoed through the tunnel behind them, causing their heads to turn as they were each still on high alert, preparing themselves for the worst to appear behind them. Instead they found lights turning on, rushing their way until it crossed over them as they craned their necks to follow its movement and undo the dark before them.

Elizabeth's gaze moved to Winston as he had stood beside her, barely comprehending how the lights turned on spontaneously, the word what laying on her tongue as her lips parted in question as an equally as confused look crossed his face. But no one said a single word, fearing that if they did they would set something off that would come and get them.