ii, seven

THEY'RE COMING FOR US

.

Maybe she was livid; the way Minho was ready to harm Gally in order to protect her from his path of self-destruct and willing to pull her and the others into the abyss the Builder was digging himself into, kind of anger. The way she was ready to drop Thomas in order to protect those she cared for, to prevent the fall of the last people she considered family by the curiosity of their friend that had given them a way out of the Glade. She was ready to follow him as much as the others had the moment he showed up in the Glade, when things started to change in ways they hadn't for years, given them answers to things they never were given answers on. But now she wasn't so sure anymore, perhaps this was Thomas' path of self-destruct, trying to find answers by challenging the thin thread of humanity they had latched onto, because of the people that had whisked them away from the cruel hands of WICKED.

"Dammit!" Elizabeth was quick to get back onto her feet, palm of her hand meeting the metal beam supporting the top bunk with a dull noise. It deflected as fast as she had slammed it into it, a cry slipping past her lips as she tried to bite down on them so hard she could've drawn blood, hand cradled in the other as she pranced around the room in agony.

They didn't know what had been going on in her mind, not seen any of it apart from the colliding hand and profane word that had left her mouth before she doubled over in pain. The reason they had been swift to get onto their feet, why Newt had tried to talk some sense into her regardless if she could hear it through the haze of pain shooting through her hand and pulsating elsewhere in her body. "Wow, hey, take it easy!"

The girl wanted to double over from the throbbing pain and cry in its response, instead she clenched words through the pain about how Thomas was going to get them all killed before they could even figure out what was happening in the first place: his end or theirs.

Their eyes could barely follow the fast pacing figure, pain stricken face and trembling voice, "We are supposed to survive not take the path of madness."

She could practically feel a bump swelling beneath the trace of her fingers, and though it was rare for her to lose her temper, she had there and then, the bruised hand a temporary reminder of it. "I thought I was the one losing my mind in the despair of being stuck in a cubical surrounded by a Maze with no answers for years. That Nick was after George tried to kill me."