i, fourteen

STARTING WITH YOU

To say any of them slept that night was an overstatement, they were lucky to have had a single hour of sleep all together by the time the sun rose and the sphere within the Glade had not been any better than the night prior. Their breakfast was just an apple, as absurd it had sound, the attack and the fires that came to be had destroyed plenty of their stock which had led to Gally rationing even their food intake. They had asked Chuck to keep a low profile and grab whatever food and weapons he could bring with him by the time lunch would come around, until sundown. The five of them, being her, Minho, Newt, Frypan and Winston though she did not doubt Jack would join the group in a heartbeat, would sit it out until the time was right.

She found herself kneeling at the top of the Slammer alongside Chuck, Minho and Newt, staring down at an unconscious Thomas and a tired looking Teresa. But all the girl locked in the cage could tell them had been that there was no change apart from the fact that he was still breathing. And as if Thomas had heard their voices, the boy began to stir in his waking, eyes fluttering at the bright light until falling on the girl above him. The seventeen year old tried to sit up, frowning at the dark haired girl hovering above him, trying to figure out where he was and what had happened in all the time he was out; after all the sun had been shining when last he remembered it being pitch black in the burning Glade.

"What the hell were you thinking?" The girl glanced over at the back of Chuck's head calmly; it was a thought he was given by them all that night prior upon stinging himself to force himself to remember.

It had been the sight of the four of them that made him realise that unlike them he and Teresa was stuck in the Slammer, eyes moving restlessly between them all, questioning what had happened, why they were there and not restoring the Glade. "Gally has taken control. He said we had a choice. Either join him... or get banished at sundown with you."

"And the others agreed to that?" The boy sat up against the stone wall, frowning up at them, it had been nothing for them to give up without a fight, he had seen that. Elizabeth leaned her hand onto the Runner's left shoulder, barely noticing the boy had given her a short glance, keeping herself from falling over as she stared down into the pit, thinking to herself if it were only that easy to oppose Gally as Teresa spoke to him. "Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened."