Chapter Thirteen

-Nina-

Isinigaw ko ang nilalaman ng puso ko after all these weeks of silently hiding the pain I had been feeling inside.

Then Luc held me in his arms and whispered.

"Tell Marco you are leaving and that you are saying goodbye for now. Trust me." Inabot niya sa akin ang phone niya at nakinig ako.

"Nina, my little girl. I am sorry." He said on the other line.

I wasn't able to hold back that I cried upon hearing him say sorry.

"I'm sorry too Marco. Goodbye." I nearly choked on my reply.

"Goodbye?" He asked confused.

"I am leaving." I said trying not to break down again.

"Leaving where?!" He nearly shouted on the other line.

Luc looked at me as if telling me to continue this charade we are planning.

"Leaving you for a while but I will come back soon. Once I'm ready. Goodbye." I ended the call and cried in Luc's arms.

Luc said Marco will definitely go crazy knowing I had the audacity to leave him.

Nagkatotoo nga sinabi niya kasi nalaman ni Luc na pinaghahanap ako ni Marco pati sa Pilipinas. Hindi niya alam nandito lang ako sa Paris kasama ni Luc at ang kanyang pinsan na si Cosette which is a widow. She's one of the socialites in Paris and will be helping me how to act or what to say during parties. She will mentor me so I will not embarass Marco again.

As Luc said, in my absence, I will be transforming into someone Marco wanted for a wife. The one that can move around on his circle and be part of the society as he is.

Like a Stepford wife. Perfect. Cultured. Sophisticated. In short, all the things I am not and will never be.

Araw-araw akong tinuturuan nila Cosette at isang araw ay ipinatawag ako ni Luc sa study niya.

"How's the lessons so far Nina?" He asked and was typing on his laptop.

"I am learning a lot from Cosette. She's been very patient with me."

"Good. As she should be. Today, I ak going to introduce to you to our circle's Creme de la Creme. In short, Marco's top paramours,lovers or those he had a relationship of or the lack of it."

Naguluhan ako sa sinabi ni Luc at tiningnan ko siya, silently telling him to explain the need to know Marco's past string of women.

"It is important to know your opponent, right?"

"I guess so." Sagot ko pero di ko pa rin maintindihan why I need yo know them.

"I know that learning about Marco's sordid past is not nice but then all these women will be there on the Annual Society Ball, Nina. All will be vying for his attention so you must watch out. They are predators and that you need to show them that you have Marco."

Finally understanding Luc, I nodded in agreement though it's a little disheartening na makilala ang mga magaganda ex ni Marco.

Luc prepared a slideshow showing all Marco's women with a little background of each and all from very affluent families or socialites.

The last photo was Trixie's and it brought sadness because he was number one.

"You might be wondering why she's on top?"

"No. I know she's on top because Marco chose to marry her of all those women he had." I replied sadly.

"Yes and he fancied himself in love with her all these time. I'm sorry Nina."