Chapter 31

"Oh hold on, Lee seems to be making a scene" Draco rolled his eyes and handed his drink to Pansy. I watched as he walked over to Barnaby, who looked fearful.

"Happy now?" Pansy snapped, I turned my head around to look at her. She looked so pissed off, I couldn't work out why.

"Pansy, have you been drinking?" she scoffed and took another sip of her drink.

"So what if I have? You're finally getting the attention you've wanted for sooo long" I just stared at her in disbelief. She knows what I have gone through, even more than I do.

"What has gotten into you?" she laughed in my face. It was beginning to get a little bit scary.

"Draco... you've been making him jealous all evening. He couldn't take his eyes off you in that 'perfect' little jumpsuit. And don't even get me started on you dancing with... that" I looked at her with hurt in my eyes. I didn't know that she truly felt this way.

"Please, I really wish I knew what you are talking about P. I am in love with his mother. Besides, I couldn't do that to you... you're my best friend" I exclaimed, trying to reach my hand out to her arm. She dramatically dragged it back, avoiding my touch.

"Yes Y/N, and it's sick. She is three times your age. Talk about an age gap" she laughed. My blood was beginning to boil. How dare she talk about Narcissa that way?!

"Pansy... I am going to walk away from this conversation before I do something we both regret. Come and talk to me when you've calmed down... or better, sobered up. I don't even know how you managed to get alcohol"

I walked away before she got the chance to speak another word. What she said had really hurt me, she had no idea what it was like being there.

I didn't realise but I had begun to cry. I felt a soft hand touch my shoulder and gently bring me into a warm embrace. The sweet scent of perfume filled my nose and I immediately knew who's arms I was in.

"Come darling, let's go upstairs out of the way" I nodded and let her gentle voice take me up the stairs and along a corridor. She took me into our room and once she shut the door behind her she let out a sigh.

"What is it darling" she asked, taking her hands to my face to wipe away my salty tears. I shook my head slowly, I couldn't tell her what her sons girlfriend had said.

"Please Y/N, talk to me" I tried to focus on her features but my watery eyes wouldn't allow it. I could just make out her rosy cheeks and light smile.

"It's nothing. Just something Pansy said" I sniffled, trying to sound as unbothered as possible.

"Honey, I know that it's more than that" she stated, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Honestly, it's fine... can we dance?" I asked quietly. Narcissa didn't answer my question. She stood up and walked over to the record player.

The first few notes of the song began to play and I recognised the song. She took me by the hands and pulled me up, getting me to dance with her.

"I know that this isn't really a dancing song but, the lyrics mean something" she spoke softly into my ear as the music played. I rested my head in the crook of her neck.

You can drive all night
Looking for answers in the pouring rain
You wanna find peace of mind
Looking for the answer

Funny how it seems like yesterday
As I recall you were looking out of place
Gathered up your things and slipped away

"You see?" she asked me. I looked into her beautiful eyes and shook my head embarrassed.

She sighed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "I feel like you're beginning to find yourself. You weren't really lost to begin with but now, you're strong and independent. You have been through hell and back, I am so proud of you. I told you that I'd help you get through this but, you've done it all by yourself"

She said this as the song spoke 'Cigarette daydream You were only seventeen' It was true, I was only around the age of seventeen when things began to turn bad. But it was Narcissa that saved me.

"I couldn't have done it without you Narcissa, you saved me"

"Y/N, of course, you could have. I wasn't the one who saved you darling" I looked at her in confusion. She smiled down at me and took my hand in hers, slowly pressing it to my heart. "You saved yourself"

"But it doesn't feel like I did" I sighed, she furrowed her brows.

"You did darling, you pulled yourself out of a dark hole and continued to be yourself. I am so proud of you" I stood on my tip toes and kissed her passionately. No words could describe how thankful I was, her words meant the world to me.

"Come, let's get some sleep. You look exhausted" she spoke softly, spinning me around so that she could undo my jumpsuit. "Where did you manage to find this thing? It's perplexing!"

"Muggle shop in London" I giggled, feeling her gentle fingers graze my shoulders. I stepped out of the jumpsuit and then unzipped her dress.

I placed my hand on her shoulder and she placed hers on top of mine. We stood like this for a moment or two before she quickly turned around and hugged me. I clung on tight as she pulled us both onto the bed. I wrapped my legs around her torso and buried my head into the crook of her neck.

Once we were both comfortable we slipped into sweet dreams in each other's embraces.