Part 6: The Party

“I’m sorry, I’m not being rude; I don’t remember anyone I’ve met in the last three years. My friends…my husband, even. He was a total stranger to me! My own husband! Can you believe it?” 

I smile—but the guy doesn’t smile back or express sympathy. In fact, his expression almost makes me nervous. 

“Do you want me to park that for you?” he says abruptly. 

“Oh. Yes, please.” I glance anxiously at my left hand."You mentioned my husband.Do you know him? Park Jimin?" I say while getting out of the car.

“Yes,” he says after a pause. “I know him.” He gets into the car, shuts the door, and signals to me to get out of the way. The next moment he expertly reversed the car safely back into its parking spot. 

“Thanks,” I say fervently as he gets out.
“I really appreciate it.”

 I wait for the guy to say “It’s no trouble” or “Any time,” but he seems lost in thought.

 “What did they say about the amnesia?” he says, suddenly looking up.

“Have your memories gone forever?” 

“They might come back anytime,” I explain“Or they might not. No one knows. I’m just trying to learn about my life again. Jimin’s being really helpful and teaching me all about our marriage and everything.He’s the most perfect husband!” I smile again, attempting to lighten the atmosphere. “So…where do you fit into the picture?” 

There’s no response at all from the dark-haired guy. He’s shoved his hands in his pockets and is staring up at the sky. I really don’t know what his problem is. At last he lowers his head and surveys me again, his face all screwed up, as though he’s in pain. Maybe he is. Maybe he has a headache or something. 

“I have to go,” he says.

 “Oh, right. Well, thanks again,” I say politely. “And very nice to meet you. I mean, I know we’ve met before in my previous life, but…you know what I mean!” I hold out a hand to shake his—but he just looks at it as though it makes no sense to him at all.

 “Bye, Y/n.” He turns on his heel.

 “Bye…” I call after him, then trail off.
 What a weird guy. He never even told me his name.

I wrap a fresh towel around myself and pad into the bedroom—then double back into the dressing room for my clothes. Jeez Louise. I know why rich people are so thin: it’s from trekking around their humongous houses the whole time.

As I trail back into the bathroom I let my towel drop onto the floor.
Suddenly the door flung open.

"Hi,Yn!"
"Aaargh!" I jump in fright.I clap my hands over my chest.

"Oh fuck! no! shit! sorry!" He immediately slams the door and leaves
He’s my husband, I remind myself feverishly. He’s seen it all before—it’s fine.

"Tell me when you are done," he says from behind the door.

“Oh! Okay!” I say in relief. “Just give me a sec…”
I sling on a night gown and take one glance in the mirror.

"You can come in!" I announce
Jimin walks in the door and his face flush red like me.He clears his throat and sits beside me on the bed.
"So...how was your day?" He asks

I am this close to telling him about the almost car crash I had today but I decide against it.I don't want him to worry about me unnecessarily.

"It was great.It was nice meeting Jennie." I smile.He opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off."And that reminds me Jennie said something!"
He straightens