Part 11:The Sex

"I am so sorry,Jimin.I ruined the evening right?" I say,softly

"Hey,don't be sorry.I am just glad you're okay." He smiles."Hey,there he is! 
Taehyung!"

I clutch Jimin’s arm even more tightly as Taehyung walks toward us. I can’t even bear to look at him. Jimin claps him on the back and hands him a glass of champagne from a nearby tray. "Thank You,Taehyung-ah!I heard you saved her.Thanks man!"

 I'm just going to pretend he doesn’t exist. I’m going to blank him out. A beep from my bag disturbs my thoughts, and I pull out my phone to see a new message.

From Taehyung. I do not believe this. He’s texting me in front of Jimin? I quickly press View and the message comes up. 

Naksan beach in Hongdae, any evening   after 7pm.
We have so much to talk about. 
I love you. 
Taetae

My face is burning with fury. Jennie’s words ring in my head. You just have to swat him away. “It’s a text from Soo hyun!” I say to Jimin, my voice shrill.“I might just quickly reply…” 

Without looking at Taehyung, I start texting, my fingers charged up with adrenaline. 

Yeah. Right. I suppose you thought it was a laugh, taking advantage of the girl who lost her memory. Well, I know your stupid game, okay? I’m a married woman. Leave me alone. 

I send the text and put my phone away. A moment later, Taehyung frowns at his watch and says casually, “Is that the right time? I think I’m fast.” He takes his cell phone out and squints at the display as though checking, but I can see his thumb moving over the keys and I can see him reading the message and I can see his face jerk with shock. 
Ha. Got him.

 After a few moments, he seems to recover. “I’m six minutes out,” he says, tapping at the phone. “I’ll just change the clock…”

 I don’t know why he’s bothering with an excuse. Jimin’s not even paying any attention. Three seconds later my phone beeps again and I pull it out. 

“Another text from Soo hyun,” I say disparagingly. "She’s such a pain.” I dart a glance at Taehyung as I put my finger on Delete, and his eyes widen with consternation.

 Huh. Now that I know the truth, it’s obvious he’s putting it all on.

 “Is that a good idea?” he says quickly.“Deleting a message without even reading it?”

 “I’m really not interested.” I shrug. 

“But if you haven’t read it, you don’t know what it says…” 

“Like I say”—I shoot him a sweet smile—“I’m not interested.” I press Delete, switch off my phone, and drop it into my bag.

“So!” Jimin turns back to us,"Should we leave?"

"Yeah, I guess we should. But before that Jimin I wanna tell you something…." I bite my lip.

"Yeah?"

"I love you" I put an arm around his neck and kiss his cheek

He looks a bit taken back.

"Y-You love me?" His eyes widen

I nod and with a defiant glance at Jon, pull Jimin in for a kiss. The longest, most slurpy, look-how-much-I-love-my-husband-and-by-the-way-you-are-nothing-in-front-of-him kiss. At one point Jimin tries to draw back, but I clamp tighter, pinning his face to mine. At last, when I think I might suffocate, I release him, wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, and look around the emptying room.

 Taehyung has gone.

___________________________________
My marriage.

That’s my priority. From now on I’m going to focus on my relationship with Jimin, and nothing else. I’m still a bit shaken the next morning, as I go into the kitchen for breakfast and take the jug of orange juice out of the fridge. I must have been crazy last night. I have the dream husband, handed to me on a plate. Why would I jeopardize that? Why would I kiss some guy in the store room, whatever his story was?