PART 14: THE BUSINESS

[Flashback continues..]
[Jimin's Pov]

Suddenly y/n's phone rings and we pull away.
She clears her throat and answers the phone call.
"Hello...yeah jiah what's up?...what?....h-how w-why would they do that?....n-no...oh my god!..what are we gonna do now….I will talk to you later, let me figure out something" she ends the call,looking very stressed.

"What happened,y/n?" I ask,scanning her stressed eyes.

"I-the company with whom we signed a big contract a while ago pulled away and now they are not willing to invest in our business.I-I don't know what to do,nobody is willing to invest here.We-we might go bankrupt.God!" She runs her hands through her hair in frustration.

"I'll invest in your business." I state

"What?No!" She shakes her head

"Why can't I ?" 

"Because…..I can't take your money,Jimin" she looks away

"It's not like I am giving you a loan or something.I am investing here." I explain

"But...I-we are divorcing" she looks hesitant while saying the 'd' word.It still hurts me so much hearing this.

"There's a problem though.If we get ummm divorced then I might not be able to invest.I mean,I am more than willing to help you but my employee's opinion also matter.And you know if we get divorced then It would be difficult because no offense but your business doesn't look good and we might not have any benefits investing there but if we are still married I can convince them to invest since you are my wife." I say,with a shrug of my shoulder.

"No,you don't need to invest.I am sure,I'll figure something out." 

"Y/n,look trust me I have been at this business for 7 years and at this point it's really difficult to convince a good company to invest.Rarely any company is willing to make the investment." 

"I get it.I do but you can't invest because you know we are divorcing and all"  she shrugs

"I can if..you don't" as if understanding what I am going to say she cuts me off.

"Jimin,I already told you.We are on the borderline of having a toxic relationship.It took me a lot of time to convince myself to reach this decision and I am sorry but.. have to," her voice softens while saying the last sentence.
I don't let it show how much her words hurt me.

"I know,Y/n.I understand.I don't want you to be with someone who hurts you.I respect your decision.I am not saying this because I still love you and I want to be with you,but hear me out, what if we stay married and I invest and then you can build your business back,I know you are capable of doing it and once you find a good deal you can...do whatever you want.I'll respect it." I squeeze her hand

She stays silent for a while as if she is actually thinking about doing this.

"I really appreciate this,Jimin.But I don't wanna seem like I am using you for my own needs.Like when I needed money I turned to you and then I will divorce you.It sounds so…..wrong and selfish." She looks at me.

"Y/n,you are not using me.You are not! Whatever I am doing this because I want to.You have been there for me always,now I want to be there for you too.Please let me help you.And if you want ,for the time we still remain married,I'll stay…..away from you so that I won't hurt you." I say,softly.

Her eyes softens

"I...I don't know if it's a good idea.I mean,I want to just move on from all of this and find my own happiness but seeing you everyday won't help me much in accepting the reality." She looks down