PART 22:THE WISH

The wedding's finally over and I feel really happy that it went so well considering I had successfully managed to avoid Taehyung for the rest of the ceremony.I say my goodbyes to everyone and step out of the wedding hall when someone grabs my wrist and pulls me.

"What the. . ." I mumble

"Fuck?" He finishes.Of Course it's Taehyung."Are you done?" Taehyung raises an eyebrow.

"I am done,what?" I frown.

"Done avoiding me."

"I won'tーI didn't ignore you."  I look away and say,innocently.

"Yeah sure" He scoffs.

He pauses and then says "Look I am sorry,I kinda lost myself on the stage.I. . . .didn't mean to scare you like that.I am sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable in any way.I won't do it again if you don't want it."

Oh how I wish he'd do that again.
I am scared to admit it,but it did make me feel something.An emotion I can't point to.I kinda liked it.But I am not gonna say it out loud.

"Don't apologise,It didn't make me feel uncomfortable.I had fun." I give him a polite smile that he returns.

"I wanna go with you somewhere….right now" 

"IーI can't.I have to go,my cab's waiting over there." I point at my cab waiting across the road.

"It'll take just two minutes." He says,"Please" he looks at me with those puppy eyes that I cannot seem to ignore.

"Okay," I nod and don't ask him further question.He takes my hand and takes me to the back of the wedding hall.I stop in my steps and look at the huge shrine in front of me.
"I. . .I never knew a shrine existed here."
"Well,now you know." His lips curl up a bit.

"Why did you bring me to a shrine?"

"It's quite a well known shrine.It has been said that if you wish something from the bottom of your heart here,it gets fulfilled."

"You believe in this stuff?" I ask,stunned."I never took you for a religious type."

"I am not.But it doesn't hurt to try,does it?" I find myself nodding to him.I don't believe in this stuff either.But if he wants to try,then okay.

I haven't realised that we both are still holding our hands as we walk inside the shrine.He doesn't drop my hand and closes his eyes as he wishes for something.

I still don't know what to wish for.My memories? Happiness? Peace? Lov- I look over at Taehyung innocently mumbling something while wishing.And suddenly I know what I want to wish for.
I close my eyes and wish-

Dear god,I wish Taehyung gets whatever he truly wishes for,whatever he truly deserves.

I open my eyes and find him staring at him.I look away because of his intense gaze on me"Why are you looking at me like that?" 

"Did I tell you how beautiful you are?" 
Yup,three times.And you really need to stop doing that.
I ignored what he said.
"Come on,we should go.It's getting late."
____________________________________
[2 days later]
Finally,my favourite holiday of the year is coming.Okay,maybe not the favourite but second favourite holiday,Thanksgiving.

I walk into Hongdae market,looking for gifts for my friends.It's November 23rd and I  can already see a christmas tree covered in baubles even though christmas is still a month later.

"Special offer festive Calvin Klein pack?" 
drones a bored-looking girl in white, and I dodge her before I can get sprayed. Although, on second thought, Jennie quite likes that perfume. Maybe I’ll get it for her.